Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abandcraig View Post
Thanks ladies for all of the suggestions. I think I am going to go ahead and put the ceremony time and then have marina info on the "directions" card. I don't know what time the bus will be picking anyone up yet so I will just send something to those guest that are confirmed a couple weeks prior to the wedding or have the specific info for them at the hotel. 10 people booked so far!!
10 people already- that's fantastic! Might you be able to share where your guests are going to be staying at? I'm still trying to figure out if we should book a place in the marina so that it's easy for guests or Nuevo Vallarta. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post

We could all go in and do one huge LC/BDW vow renewal!

Tara, I've considered that several times as well - it would be a blast!

I'm very excited that my best friend is getting married in PV in January 2010 - only one more year until I can go back!!!! DH and I plan on going back to LC at least twice while we are there (during the day and at night!) I was considering doing a vow renewal for our 3rd anniversary while we are there (just DH and I) but I'm not sure yet....have to think on it some more...

Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
i am so excited that one of paul's friends is getting married in Mexico in June '09 - we'll be in RM for our 2 year anniversary!
That is so cool!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I've never been to a DW either (nor had mine yet) but I am already "hinting" at my unmarried friends about having one just so i can be a guest...hee hee hee..one of Reggie's friends just got engaged and the first thing I asked him was if they were going to have DW! angel2.gif
LOL I totally understand! One of my gf's was looking into a DW but they called off the engagement and I may have been more upset than she was lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Lindsay View Post
Tara, I've considered that several times as well - it would be a blast!

I'm very excited that my best friend is getting married in PV in January 2010 - only one more year until I can go back!!!! DH and I plan on going back to LC at least twice while we are there (during the day and at night!) I was considering doing a vow renewal for our 3rd anniversary while we are there (just DH and I) but I'm not sure yet....have to think on it some more...

Lindsay
2010 will roll around before you know it...lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I've never been to a DW either (nor had mine yet) but I am already "hinting" at my unmarried friends about having one just so i can be a guest...hee hee hee..one of Reggie's friends just got engaged and the first thing I asked him was if they were going to have DW! angel2.gif
Paul's friends that are getting married in Mexico this year were so worried that we would think they were "copying" us by having a DW in Mexico. They didn't believe that we really wanted people to do it so we could be guests! I am SO excited that they're getting married in Mexico, and I keep having to reassure them that we love the idea that they're "copying" our idea.

While we were at Dreams we got a voucher for a weeks stay in a jacuzzi suite. it expires in Oct 09, so we're planning to head back to PV sometime this year. I'm so excited.

We were thinking of going to LC for the Rythms of the NIght tour. But then I started thinking.... I remember LC as this crazy magical place where we had the most amazing wedding. Would going back, in a different setting, take away from how magical I remember it? I'm not sure. Probably not. I just love my wedding memories so much and I don't want anything to change them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjcastillo View Post
Good morning! I am having a tough time finding a wedding review on Las Caletas in December. Our date is set for 12/27/09 and I'm trying to figure out what the climate is like. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I just got married there on 12/28/2008, and it could not have been more perfect. I was there for 2 weeks and it didnt rain once. On my wedding day it was a tad overcast, and I asked Nicole if she thought it would rain and she said "may god strike me dead if it rains, it never rains in December". And it didnt. Also, the slight overcast I heard was helpful for pictures. Direct sun can make it more difficult to shoot. And it made it just a little less hot. It is supposed to be high 70's at that time, but it was about mid 80's during the day.

And...you are choosing a Sunday which could not be a better choice. Sunday is the best day because there is no day tour or rythms of the night tour at all. You can go out whenever you want, start the wedding earlier, and be there all day and night with just you and your people. It was the best decision of my life.

You are going to love it. LC is amazing. I am still working on my review, but everyone said it was literally the most memorable, romantic wedding they had ever been to!

Happy Planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjcastillo View Post
10 people already- that's fantastic! Might you be able to share where your guests are going to be staying at? I'm still trying to figure out if we should book a place in the marina so that it's easy for guests or Nuevo Vallarta. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
We have not been to PV so our hotel was a bit of a shot in the dark and we went around adn around about it. We wanted to stay outside of PV and decided on Barcelo in Mismoloya. From what I understand it is a bit of a ride from the hotel to the marina but we figured since we are providing the transportation people would be fine with it and it is proabley the only time they would be going to the marina. Hey, it will let everyone get to know each other before the boat rid eover to LC. We'll see how that all works out, but I know a couple of people that stayed there and really liked it. We wanted an AI and I think the town and hotel are our style. If anyone has stayed there and liked it or has any pointers let me know...if you stayed there and had a poor experience I would rather not know about it at this point as we are already booked:).

Quote:
Originally Posted by abandcraig View Post
We have not been to PV so our hotel was a bit of a shot in the dark and we went around adn around about it. We wanted to stay outside of PV and decided on Barcelo in Mismoloya. From what I understand it is a bit of a ride from the hotel to the marina but we figured since we are providing the transportation people would be fine with it and it is proabley the only time they would be going to the marina. Hey, it will let everyone get to know each other before the boat rid eover to LC. We'll see how that all works out, but I know a couple of people that stayed there and really liked it. We wanted an AI and I think the town and hotel are our style. If anyone has stayed there and liked it or has any pointers let me know...if you stayed there and had a poor experience I would rather not know about it at this point as we are already booked:).
I think having guests spend time together is a great idea. I've seen their photo gallery on their website and it looks amazing! I'm afraid that it might be out of our price range, did you negotiate the deal on your own for the rooms or did you go through an agent?

Hi Kati!

From what I've seen and heard about this time of year, you should totally be fine! So try not to stress too much, although I know it's tough when you see stuff like that. I used to be a weather technician in the Air Force and believe me, we're wrong a good % of the time! :)

Good luck and can't wait to hear all about it!!

~Brit