Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

Hey...

We tried to get in touch with Fajita Republic in the last couple months and were unsuccessful. They just didn't pick up. We were really hoping to have them for our welcome dinner..but there was no answering machine or anything! Hope you have better luck than we did!!!!

-Heather

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by halef1 View Post
Hey...

We tried to get in touch with Fajita Republic in the last couple months and were unsuccessful. They just didn't pick up. We were really hoping to have them for our welcome dinner..but there was no answering machine or anything! Hope you have better luck than we did!!!!

-Heather
Same here. We tried calling a bunch and never had any luck.

Also there was recently a thread with bunch of PV welcome dinner location info.

Hi Everyone, I am back from our site visit trip to PV!

It was awesome!! Las Caletas was awesome! Everything was just great and now I just am trying to figure out how I am going to wait for 4 more months before I can go back!

There were two main goals of the trip, 1) for me to see Caletas just to ease my mind and 2) my parents were very nervous about visiting Mexico again (because of a bad experience in Cabo about 2 years ago). they did not even want to make the 2 day trip with me but i convinced them to go.

Half way through our visit at LC while we were eating lunch my mom turns to me and says "I like it here, can we stay?" smile105.gif I just had to laugh.

So anyway all turned out well on the site visit. I am not going to to a huge review or anything but I do have a few pics I can post later and/or if anyone has any questions just ask! There never were really any doubts in my mind about deciding on LC but now I KNOW that LC is the perfect place for us!

Glad you liked it Andi. I did research on this site and decided on Las Caletas before I got there for the site visit. The day before LC I went out with a planner and hated everything and wasnt even upset because I knew LC was going to be great. Got there, and was never more sure of anything in my life!

Doesnt the waiting get harder once you've seen it?

Britt & Andi -

Where is your group staying for your March/April weddings?

My fiance and I are going down for a site visit in Feb. to see LC and also to tour resorts.

I know most brides on here have posted about Dreams and have liked it. However, I am a little concerned about the 'night life' because we have a party group. Most guests will arrive Sat or Sun for a Tuesday wedding and will then stay through the following Sat. We can make our own fun (not worried about that), but I am just interested in your experiences and why you selected the resorts you did. I worte to Tara (tvt) and she provided some insight, but the more - the better.

Britt - I believe you are staying at Dreams and visitied it last summer?

Andi - where di you visit on your trip?

Thanks so much ladies! smile123.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by verh0016 View Post
Britt & Andi -

My fiance and I are going down for a site visit in Feb. to see LC and also to tour resorts.

I know most brides on here have posted about Dreams and have liked it. However, I am a little concerned about the 'night life' because we have a party group. Most guests will arrive Sat or Sun for a Tuesday wedding and will then stay through the following Sat. We can make our own fun (not worried about that), but I am just interested in your experiences and why you selected the resorts you did. I worte to Tara (tvt) and she provided some insight, but the more - the better.

Hey Trisha!

Yeah - We didn't actually stay at Dreams last summer, but went for a site visit and loved it! For the most part our guests are staying at Dreams. Some are also staying nearby at Presidente Intercontinental because it is a little more reasonable. There are a lot of people coming to our wedding that like the party scene too, and at Dreams you're only a quick cab ride away from the Malecon and downtown. I know the resort also has some great restaurants and bars and like you said...you can definitley make your own fun! :)

Hope that helps!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Doesnt the waiting get harder once you've seen it?
YES! it already is so hard, I am ready to go back tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verh0016 View Post
Britt & Andi -

For our site visit we stayed at the Marriott CasaMagna. It was very nice but if your group is the party type group I wouldn't recommend it. Also it is not all inclusive which may or may not be important for you.

For the wedding most of our guests including us will be staying at the Vallarta Palace in Nuevo Vallarta. It is all inclusive (which I am a big fan of). we chose the Palace because we had a great experience a few years ago at the cancun palace and decided that whenever we go to Mexico the Palace resorts are for us!

Nuevo Vallarta is a little ways away from Puerto Vallarta (old town, malecon, etc) so you might want to take that into consideration too.

There is also the new Dreams Villamagna, that one just opened this month I think...that one is in Nuevo too.

Switching topics a bit...My wedding is in 10 days and Brad just told me that he isnt doing the wedding, but Cesar is doing it. Does anyone know anything about him? I have heard such wonderful things of Brad, I just hope Cesar is as good. Any info would be great.

Thanks!