Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
I used to have one from 1yr+ ago, I'll see if I saved it. There is the dinner menu on their website but you've probably seen that:

Dinner

It is sort of Asian-Mexican fusion which wasn't what we wanted either, although I'm sure it's good.

Nicole recommended El Arrayan, have you contacted them? We were close to having ours at Los Burros Bar, the prices were cheap and it was on the sand (literally!) but we wanted to get away from the beach so we switched it up.
Asian-Mexican fusion?? really? Hmm, I guess we only had the tortilla soup & a margarita so we didn't pay much attention... figured it would be more "mexican" food...

We passed by Los Burros Bar - way more informal, not exactly what we were looking for. Looks more like a great place to grab a beer KWIM?

Nicole also recommended El Arrayan to us - unfortunately we never made it there to try it out! Booo sad.gif

We would like A/C tho now that I think about it.... I'm assuming El Arrayan is in a closed restaurant w, A/C??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
Asian-Mexican fusion?? really? Hmm, I guess we only had the tortilla soup & a margarita so we didn't pay much attention... figured it would be more "mexican" food...

We passed by Los Burros Bar - way more informal, not exactly what we were looking for. Looks more like a great place to grab a beer KWIM?

Nicole also recommended El Arrayan to us - unfortunately we never made it there to try it out! Booo sad.gif

We would like A/C tho now that I think about it.... I'm assuming El Arrayan is in a closed restaurant w, A/C??
I've never been to Daquiri Dicks so I can't say what they really serve, but the menu is stuff like Asian chicken salad, grilled fish w/tempura vegetables, mahi mahi in wasabi batter, etc. They have lobster tacos, bbq ribs, mole, it's kind of all over the map. Maybe good but it sounded like shi-shi places where I live and we wanted something less complicated and not like the U.S....lol

Los Burros is definitely informal, on the sand, kickback kind of place. It's a great place to grab a beer or take over with your guests only and drink and eat Mexican food on the beach - that's what they serve. It will feel like Mexico and not L.A. or Miami or whatever. Totally casual so not for guests who want crisp linens and fancy waiters, you know?

Never been to El Arrayan but it's gorgeous from the website. There is an outside eating area and inside I believe, that is probably air conditioned.

And have I mentioned Barcelona? Hahahahahahasmile105.gif

I swear you guys that our guests rave about that as much as Las Caletas for the food and ambiance. Many of our guests spent the whole time in PV on the beach, including our wedding, so getting to chill in a neighborhood above the city and eat killer food gave them a different perspective of PV.

Off the tapas kick blah.gif

El Arrayan is delicious. We went there in April after seeing in several places that it was voted Best in PV. The black bean empanadas were divine. It's an enclosed restaurant, however, it has open-air section in the middle where the tree grows (which is the origination of the restaurant's name). There are also covered seating sections, however, I do not think they had A/C. We both loved it there! Just a couple blocks off the malecon.

Something else to check out is La Palapa: Puerto Vallarta Fine Dining Restaurant - La Palapa

Haven't eaten there but have heard wonderful things - we booked the Romantic Dinner on the beach for our final night in PV after the wedding.

Our WD is at Barcelona Tapas. Been there two or three times - great food - great atmosphere! Can't say enough good things about the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
I would love to do the Barcelona Tapas place, but their pricing was a little too high for us. Boo!!
Yeah it was more than we intended on spending, plus you have way more guests than us...I don't even want to do that math! You'll find a great spot, no doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaH View Post
Our WD is at Barcelona Tapas. Been there two or three times - great food - great atmosphere! Can't say enough good things about the place.
Me neither, thank God you said that because people were probably starting to think I was on the payroll...lol It's just that awesome wink.gif