Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

Hi...I'm an LC bride getting married on November 10th, 2008. Greetings!

I'm hoping that you gals can help me out :) I've picked the songs I'd like to walk down the aisle to but I just need to know how long the walk is? I've picked Led Zepplin's Bron Yr Aur (2 min) and Lenny Kravitz Butterfly (2 min). Is that too short?

I'm still reading through all the posts and I have a ton of questions so don't mind me if I send personal messages..don't want to blog up this forum. Thanks a bunch!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
yeah i'm a little curious how many at each table i can do. so far, i have 4 large tables and 1 smaller table... not sure they can do that.
I have my seating chart posted on here somewhere - I think I had a table of 8 or 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayenne View Post

I'm hoping that you gals can help me out :) I've picked the songs I'd like to walk down the aisle to but I just need to know how long the walk is? I've picked Led Zepplin's Bron Yr Aur (2 min) and Lenny Kravitz Butterfly (2 min). Is that too short?

I'm still reading through all the posts and I have a ton of questions so don't mind me if I send personal messages..don't want to blog up this forum. Thanks a bunch!
I know that question had been asked and answered on here somewhere, but I don't know the answer ... I didn't pay that much attention! Let us know if you can't find it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
Tara, we went on our last site visit searching for a place! We went to Z-Tei (sp?), Barcelona Tapas and lots of other restaurants and we ended up liking Daiquiri Dick's the best. It's just on the other side of the bridge in Old Town Vallarta. It's right on the beach, has killer margaritas and has won several "Best Of" awards in recent years, including best service.

Daiquiri Dick's - About Us

Barcelona Tapas had YUUUMMY food & sangria, but the patio did not seem like it would comfortably hold a "large" (20-30) group. Also the service was poor when we went... (sorry Jamy! *ducks* cheesy.gif)
How dare you not do exactly what I did! LOL No worries, although I wonder what level you were on because the restaurant is something like 4 stories with patios ranging in sizes on each level. Our service was exemplary but it was also our event so they probably put it on thick, I didn't go in advance like you did.

We looked into Daquiri Dick's as well. We weren't fond of the menu, it just wasn't what we were looking for, but the location is beautiful and would make a great place for a WD :)

I think we're going with Daiquiri Dicks. I have seen the menu yet... apparently they are redoing it and cannot send it to me yet.

However, the person I've been talking to there (not sure if it's a boy or girl) is SOOO responsive. And we both have gmail and this person started chating with me about our WD. I was so impressed! And they seem very felxible. Just can't wait to see the menu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayenne View Post

I think 2 mins is easily enough. You start your bridal entrance just around the bend of the steps. They start the music and Nicole tells you to go. About 10 steps down, everyone will be able to see you. Then you walk the large stair case and the short aisle. It goes VERY quickly. Especially if you sprint! I don't think the song I had was longer than 2 mins. I don't remember it playing- it's all a blur but I know for sure it wasn't silence by the time I reached the front!

Speaking of lists ...

YARI, YOU'RE NEXT!!

smile159.gif

or at least accoring to my list, which might be wrong at this point. I can't believe we have to wait until October until the next wedding!

Let me know if anything on here is incorrect, or missing!

Yari: Friday, October 10, 2008

ChristinaH: Saturday, October 18, 2008

AmandaB: Sunday, October 26, 2008

Maeghan: Tuesday, October 28, 2008

stacy75: Saturday, November 01, 2008

lilysd: Saturday, November 01, 2008

tvt (Tara): Sunday, November 02, 2008

Mayenne: Monday, November 10, 2008

HollyC: Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Duchess (Jamie): Sunday, December 28, 2008