Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfa75 View Post
We took the 9 am boat over to Las CAletas. We got there around 10, got massages at the spa, laid out, swam and ate lunch at 1 pm. Then went up to the bridal suite to get ready. The hair stylist came at 2:30. It was just nice to not be rushed and have some girl time before hand. There was a bottle of champaigne in the room for us. They are building a jacuzzi in the back of the bridal suite, maybe it will be complete by June, you should ask Nicole.
For the hair, a place called Cocco (or something like that) I had a trail on Tuesday but then a different lady came out the day of the wedding, not part of the plan so I was nervous but thank god I still had the picture, she did it great. She didnt speak ANY english so hopefully you do or someone you are bringing out early does.
Ok, that does sound pretty darn cool - I might have to think about heding over early. You didn't feel like you missed out by not going over on the boat with everyone else? That's the only thing I worry about - but I don't want to be rushed at all that day, so I am sure I will head over early. I will just have to find some girls to go w/me since I don't have any bridesmaids! How many people can go over early - or doesn't it matter, they just let you bring as many as you want?

Yikes - I think that would freak me out to see a different girl, and one that doesn't speak any English! But she did a good job - so I guess that's all that matters!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you and 3 girls are covered to go over early but if you want to bring more, its like $70 or $80 a person, jsut the normal day tour fee. Plus, I liked that I didnt get to see ERic the day of until I was walking down the isle. That was important to me, we stayed at seperate hotels the night before.

Everyone told me the boat ride over was so fun and I am sad I missed it but I think it makes your grand enterence to the ceremony that much more special!

After the wedding we went downtown to a place called DeSantos. It was awesome! We actually went there with everyone on Thursday nigfht before the wedding so we figured everyone already knows where it was so we went back there Saturday night. Its a really cool place, all white decor, three levels and the top level is rooftop, outside and has big white beds you can lounge on and all this weird mood lighting, it was so cool, felt like we were in heaven.

Thanks for the compliments on my dress. It wasnt a bridal dress, jsut an evening gown. Its a Dina Bar-el, she makes awesome gowns. The redhead, Bree Vandercamp wore the same dress as mine in the Despereate Housewives epoisode when her weird ex boyfriend committed suicide. : ) nice tidbit.

Marisa;

Who did your ceremony?? Tamara is doing ours for us...did you end up giving a tip or anything to her? I still don't know what to do - thought I'd ask!

We leave tomorrow night for PV!! I'm SO excited! We meet with Nicole on Monday morning bright and early for our site inspection!

yay!

Lindsay

Unfortunately, I didnt tip the officiant : ( We had James Bradley Smith do it. I honestly didnt even think of it and then the day is a whirlwind and then its over. Good that you are thinkinga bout this all ahead of time. You can ask Nicole if the tip charge includes a tip for the officiant. I know it doesnt include a tip for Nicole.

OH MY GOODNESS, leaving tomorrow?>huh.gif? I am sooooo jealous, I want to do it all over!! You will have the time of your life, its simply amazing!! Nicole is so cool too, I totally felt like I could be friends with her (if we lived closer)

I see a line in my contract that states:

Included Tips: $500 (but I am not sure who this goes to)

It also states in there that this is:

Tips: $10 per person included (min $300)

I had 50 people designated on my contract - so mine added up to $500, but that will change depending on how many I actually have.