Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfa75 View Post
YEs, we should be getting our video in a couple of weeks as well. I'm not really sure what it will be like, if it will have a song in it or what.
Did you have Roberto Aceves as your photographer?
No we were suppossed to have him but he wasn't available so we had his daughter instead...I feel absolutley horrible about not remembering her name, but like you said the day is an absolute whirlwind and things just get missed! We were happy with our photos but Jeff and I voted against seeing each other all dressed up before the ceremony and getting pictures done then so most of ours were done at night, which i think i would have liked the day-time ones but we just didn't want to see each other! They turned out good for us anyways...we had lots of keepers!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali and Jeff View Post
Jeff and I voted against seeing each other all dressed up before the ceremony and getting pictures done then so most of ours were done at night, which i think i would have liked the day-time ones but we just didn't want to see each other! They turned out good for us anyways...we had lots of keepers!
I was thinking about that, not having any daylight pictures. Was it dark dark, or just dusk? Maybe we can blindfold my fiance to set up a few pre-ceremony pictures where we aren't facing each other so he only sees the camera when the blindfold comes off. Okay, that sounds a little ridiculous, but who knows!!

Hi Ladies,

Getting closer to booking our wedding! Have talked to Nicole and just need to make the deposit. Just wanted to ask those that are staying at dreams in PV if the resort is close to Las Caletas. My Fiance seems to think we need to take a cab into PV the other way to get to the marina. I really want to stay at Dreams but need to know how convenient it is to both Las Caletas and PV. Please help!

Thanks all,

Rita

i do think it's the opposite way - and we struggled with that as well. but we just didn't want to stay in the marina vallarta area. i think the boat can leave from either puerto vallarta or nuevo vallarta. maybe this map will help ... i am not sure if Las Caletas is on this map, but it's on the southern end of all this stuff. I think you can click on the map to see it better - but you can see where the marina is, and Dreams.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks Ann

Why did you two decide on Dreams? I think it looks fantastic but FI is really concerned about having to take a taxi to the marina then taking the catamaran over to Las Caletas. He thinks it is too much for people. I really don't think it is that far (about 10 mins??)

Anyways thanks for your reply!

I think just based on the positive reviews that Dreams has had, and I figured for 1 night out of the week people wouldn't mind heading out to a different area. I think it might be more than a 10 min. ride - but I am not sure how long. I will dig through my emails from Nicole, I might have it in there. But we liked the area that Dreams was in - we didn't want to be in the Marina area, or even the downtown. But maybe you do - and that would be closer. We also wanted an all-inclusive, and thought Dreams was the best price and area for the $$ - and chose that. There are definitely other options though.

Hey I noticed that you guys were concerned about guest transportation to caletas. Taxis can get pretty expensive depending on where your resort is located ($25 one way). I would check your resort to see if they offer a shuttle downtown (some do), or try to rent a van for your guests. Here are a few companies that I found. It is nice because they come pick everyone up and you dont have to worry about everyone getting there. Here are some that i found:

Puerto Vallarta Transport

VIP Class Tours and Services. Puerto Vallarta, México

SPECIALIZING IN TOURS,TRANSFERS & CAR RENTAL

Private Driver - Private Tours in Puerto Vallarta Mexico

Hi ladies!!!

Well I´m a Mrs!!!!!

Our day was absolutely perfect and everything was AMAZING!!!

Just checking my email quickly...we are here for 2 more weeks so I won´t be able to post pics until we are home but just wanted to let you know our day couldn´t have been more perfect!!!!

Talk to you all soon!

Lindsay

I have officially booked November 7th at Las Caletas! So excited. I will be using this forum for the next ten months. I can't believe it is so far away.

It looks like there is a great group of brides here and I look forward to sharing ideas, photos etc, with everyone. I think we have decided to stay at the Rui Jalisco as well if anyone has any info. Thanks to all! I am thrilled to be an upcoming Las Caletas bride!