Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#821 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

Hi girls! I am working on my wedding day timeline, but i'm not sure how much information to include? Do i just give them the basics - when/where to meet? Or do I give them the whole speal? Meet in lobby, arive marine, depart marina, arrive LC, ceremony beings, etc?

Thoughts?

this is what i currently have - FI thinks this is fine, but I feel like it's too much info.

2:30pm – Meet in Dreams lobby
    3:15pm – Arrive at marina
    3:30pm – Boat departs for Las Caletas
    4:30pm – Arrive at Las Caletas
    5:15pm – Ceremony begins
    5:45pm – Cocktail hour
    6:45pm – Dinner
    10:30pm – Boat departs Las Caletas
    11:30pm – Arrive back in Puerto Vallarta

#822 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tvt
      Hi girls! I am working on my wedding day timeline, but i'm not sure how much information to include? Do i just give them the basics - when/where to meet? Or do I give them the whole speal? Meet in lobby, arive marine, depart marina, arrive LC, ceremony beings, etc?

Thoughts?

this is what i currently have - FI thinks this is fine, but I feel like it's too much info.

2:30pm – Meet in Dreams lobby
      3:15pm – Arrive at marina
      3:30pm – Boat departs for Las Caletas
      4:30pm – Arrive at Las Caletas
      5:15pm – Ceremony begins
      5:45pm – Cocktail hour
      6:45pm – Dinner
      10:30pm – Boat departs Las Caletas
      11:30pm – Arrive back in Puerto Vallarta

I think that looks good. Are you nervous at all about people missing the boat or the ride over to the marina? I am thinking I might tell my guests something like not to be late or they will miss the boat! Knowing my family they will be late! But seriously I think your timeline looks good...not too much info at all!

#823 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:29 PM

I am actually a little nervous about my guests being late. I have some serious drinkers and being at an AI resort, I don't have a lot of faith that they will all get there on time!

On that note, I might add an * and say there is only one boat, and that's it. If you miss it, you miss the wedding.

#824 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ChristinaH
          Soooo Jaime... I can't remember and am not sure if you posted it or not... have you decided? are you a Las Caletas bride?
          Yup! :)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by tvt
          I am actually a little nervous about my guests being late. I have some serious drinkers and being at an AI resort, I don't have a lot of faith that they will all get there on time!

On that note, I might add an * and say there is only one boat, and that's it. If you miss it, you miss the wedding.
          I think your time line looks good and also think it's an excellent idea to put the extra info about the boat on there.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#825 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:25 PM

I think your timeline looks great!

I would add the asterisk about don't miss the boat!

#826 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:09 AM

Here is my timeline (sorry, I can only post the link, I don't have the document on my computer anymore!)

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t19745

#827 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:00 AM

We had the same boat concerns. Our website had actually a section about missing the boat...lol I would definitely include it in your timeline. We also reminded guests at our dinner the night before the wedding.

We told them stuff like - They don't have a list of guest names and if you aren't there at "x" time they will not wait for you, unfortunately there are no other boats you can hire to take you there, it would be a shame to come all the way to PV for our wedding and miss it, etc....it worked for us :)

#828 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,490 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:54 PM

Good idea! I like the asterisk idea! We too will probably be at an AI resort so needless to say I don't want to worry about anyone missing the boat!

#829 Cyclone

Cyclone
                  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

Well we are back from las Caletas wedding. it went great but I don't know how to post the pictures. hmmm or if there is a place I should post them instead of here.

#830 Yari

Yari
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

I just sent you a PM on how to post pics. It is super easy. I am dying to see some LC pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users