Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#741 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

I used the tan ones - it was a last minute thing for me too. i like the simplicity of it - so that could work for you too.

also, see the stones here? i left them there, so you could ask Nicole if she still has them - you're free to use them if you want.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#742 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

At first I was thinking tourquoise, but now I'm thinking tan. Since our wedding party is wearing 2 different colors, there will already be enough tourquise and berry (which is a pinkish red :) ) so after considering that, i really think the tan, with my white starfish place holders that will have tourquoise and berry ribbon attaching the names, and candles and some sea glass or stones will be perfect. Simplicity, i love it!

don't worry Yari!! Kelley and I only started now because she's not as busy at the moment and is taking some time off this summer so we figured we'd figure it all out now :)) Plus once I started, I just couldn't stop! But it will be nice to have all of this done so I can focus on the OOT bags... ugh OOT bags!

#743 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
      • 1,213 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by tvt
        At first I was thinking tourquoise, but now I'm thinking tan. Since our wedding party is wearing 2 different colors, there will already be enough tourquise and berry (which is a pinkish red :) ) so after considering that, i really think the tan, with my white starfish place holders that will have tourquoise and berry ribbon attaching the names, and candles and some sea glass or stones will be perfect. Simplicity, i love it!

don't worry Yari!! Kelley and I only started now because she's not as busy at the moment and is taking some time off this summer so we figured we'd figure it all out now :)) Plus once I started, I just couldn't stop! But it will be nice to have all of this done so I can focus on the OOT bags... ugh OOT bags!
        I'm a lurker on this thread b/c I'll be shooting a wedding at Las Caletas in January - I love being familiar with all the concerns, hopes, expectations of the Las Caletas brides. But, I've been secretly hoping you would choose tan instead of more turquoise - it looks soooo much better IMHO. Also a chocolate brown would look great.

OK just my 2¢. I'll go back to lurking in dark corners. Happy planning to all the Las Caletas ladies!

#744 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

I think Tan is a great idea too Tara. I forgot that they had tan. I think it will make your centerpieces pop more too!
          Happily married since 2008

#745 Pazoop

Pazoop
          • 223 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nathanielthompsonphoto
            I'm a lurker on this thread b/c I'll be shooting a wedding at Las Caletas in January - I love being familiar with all the concerns, hopes, expectations of the Las Caletas brides. But, I've been secretly hoping you would choose tan instead of more turquoise - it looks soooo much better IMHO. Also a chocolate brown would look great.

OK just my 2¢. I'll go back to lurking in dark corners. Happy planning to all the Las Caletas ladies!

You totally just brought such a big (and much needed) smile to my face Nathaniel! I love that you're lurking on this thread and getting the LC info! My photographer rocks guys!

And my vote is also for tan -- I'm love brights colors for DWs and plan to do the same myself, but I agree with Rachel -- I think the neutral base of the tan will actually make the turquoise/berry pop out even more. I love the berry/turqoise color combo BTW. If you look on the Knot there are lots of pictures of table setups with that color scheme or similar and tan, chocolate brown, or gold runners...PM me if you want me to email them so you can picture it better.

Las Caletas Wedding and TTD Slideshow
            Photos by the awesome Nathaniel Thompson

#746 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

I also loved the brown runners too- when it's night time, it just looks so rich on the tables with the soft candlelight glow. Just in case anyone is considering that as a runner. It's very pretty looking.

#747 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

did you see my pictures? i had tan - and a turquoise accent (i guess, i didn't really have a color theme!). but i thought it looked nice, very understated!

#748 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t20794

Just in case any LC bride missed it, I posted some of the pics from my wedding here. I will be updating it tonight with the last half of the pictures.

Let me tell you- there are some to die for LC pics in the 2nd CD. I can't wait to share. I know how excited I was whenever I saw pics of a LC wedding!

#749 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,490 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t20794
                    I can't wait to share. I know how excited I was whenever I saw pics of a LC wedding!
                    YES! that is me right now! I seriously get soooo excited to see all of the LC weddings!

Can't wait for more pics Rachel! ooooh and who is next on the LC wedding list...you know just so i can know when to expect another batch!

#750 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by CODestBride2009
                      ooooh and who is next on the LC wedding list...you know just so i can know when to expect another batch!

ask and ye shall receive! did you know I keep a list? lol

not all of these are active members though - so sad!

tja --Friday, May 23, 2008
                      raisinblur --Saturday, May 24, 2008
                      SDL (Stacey) -- Sunday, May 25, 2008
                      Mel (Melinda) -- Tuesday, May 27, 2008
                      Cyclone (Connie) -- Thursday, May 29, 2008
                      hschoon (Hilary) -- Thursday, July 03, 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users