Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#731 ~flyingmonkey~

~flyingmonkey~
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:02 AM

I'm starting to pack for my sister's wedding and realized my dress is going to be a wrinkled mess! Is there a steamer or anywhere we can get our dresses wrinkled out at Las Caletas?

#732 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:05 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~flyingmonkey~
      I'm starting to pack for my sister's wedding and realized my dress is going to be a wrinkled mess! Is there a steamer or anywhere we can get our dresses wrinkled out at Las Caletas?
      Not that I know of but perhaps your hotel has one? The humidity helps to get rid of some wrinkles, but depending on the fabric it may not be enough. Maybe someone else here knows of one :)

#733 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

My dress was SO wrinkled when I got there. I tried to let it just hang but the closet wasn't big enough for this. My hotel didn't have a steamer but said I could send my dress out to get steamed for a fee- uhh no thanks. If I'm too afraid to check it at the airport in fear of it getting lost, I'm definitely too afraid to let the hotel ship it out to a steamer.

I instead tried to steam it with an iron and ended up scorching a tiny hole in my dress. But then, you have to still lug that thing in to a cab, wait for the boat at the marina and then finally hand it over to the LC staff. Somehow all the wrinkles came out (I think).
        Happily married since 2008

#734 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

didn't someone leave a steamer at Caletas? i could totally be making that up. but i never used one - just had my dress hanging in the hotel room all week before the wedding, and magically it was ok!

#735 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

Funny topic, I just asked Kelley about a steamer - they do not have one.

#736 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:33 PM

I remember somone got married at LC and brought a steamer, they were going to leave but it ended up getting packed in the suitcase.

#737 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:30 AM

They have an iron though- just in case! :)

#738 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

I need some suggestions, please! Our "colors" are berry and tourquoise/blue, what color table runners should we get? Also, we're just doing the candles and maybe flower petals on the tables. I also might buy some glass stones as well.

Here are the choices?

Quote:
                  I have a chocolate brown, beige, fuscia, orange, yellow, red, bright blue, tourquouise and probably by the time of your wedding green. I can also rent them if your color is not present in this choice.

#739 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

I think tourquoise/blue would be pretty.

Seriously, you have me freaked out cause I haven't discussed any of this with Nicole and my wedding is before yours. Agh! I guess I need to get on the ball.

#740 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

I think the tourquoise would look pretty. I used brown- I threw that color in last min. of the wedding planning too. The colored gems/rocks/whatever you call them popped off the color really well too.

However, I think berry ones would look great on the tourquoise. Along wiht some berry colored rose petals. Is berry a red red or pinkish red? I'm confused.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users