Jump to content

Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)


  • Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#511 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
  • Jr. Member
  • 413 posts

    Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

    No I didn't - my aunt is a retired hairdress - so we had her come out to LC with us in the morning and she did my hair for me (I guess that is kind of professionally done?)

    As for my makeup - I just went to the Clinique counter and had them do makeup on me that would work for the wedding, show me how to do it myself, then I bought all the makeup and practised a few times before the wedding - it worked well!

    Your wedding is coming up so quickly - you must be SO excited!!!

    Lindsay

    #512 HolleyC

    HolleyC
    • Newbie
    • 31 posts

      Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:38 PM

      Roxie,
      Unfortunately, I have not been to LC before...but my parents have been at least 4 times and love it there and I fell in love with it when I saw their pictures. They were just there on Monday, January 14 and met Nicole our WC and said that everything still looks perfect! I can't wait to read you review when you get back. What hotel are you and your guests staying at and how many people do you have going?

      #513 TA Lindsay

      TA Lindsay
      • Jr. Member
      • 413 posts

        Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:39 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Roxie
        Lindsay, What time was your ceremony?

        I think our ceremony started around 5:30 (the boat with the guests/the guys) was late arriving - so we were quite rushed to get the ceremony started and be done in time to take photos with lots of daylight - we made it though!!!

        #514 LCBride2007

        LCBride2007

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

          Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by nat4crim
          Welcome to the new Canadian LC Brides...

          To go back to the lighting issues, I'm wondering if either Starchild or Ann can help me on this since both of your weddings were in June. I was under the impression that since I'm getting married in April, the sun does not set until after 8PM giving me plenty of time to get some pics in the daylight. Is this true or am I mistaken?
          honestly, i have no idea when the sun set - jamy (starchild) seems to have a much better idea of her surroundings than i did! but i know it wasn't an issue for us, and we got a late start (the boat was late w/the guests). have you seen my pics? we took all pics of us, as well as family pics after the ceremony.

          #515 Roxie

          Roxie
          • Newbie
          • 5 posts

            Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:58 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by HolleyC
            Roxie,
            Unfortunately, I have not been to LC before...but my parents have been at least 4 times and love it there and I fell in love with it when I saw their pictures. They were just there on Monday, January 14 and met Nicole our WC and said that everything still looks perfect! I can't wait to read you review when you get back. What hotel are you and your guests staying at and how many people do you have going?

            We have about 30 people joining us. We're staying at Plaza Pelicanos. We have a time share there. You'll love working with Nicole. She's awesome! We actually did our site inspection in Nov 2006, so I'm excited to see the changes they've made!
            Roxie

            #516 HolleyC

            HolleyC
            • Newbie
            • 31 posts

              Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:10 PM

              I don't know where to stay yet...my parents go to PV at least once a year and have stayed in variety of places and they were on the hunt for the best place to stay while they were there this last time. They were staying this time at the Royal Delcameron but said that they would not recommend staying there. Their friends are at the Riu Jalisco right now and said it was a good place. Any recommendations?? I don't think that we can get the time off before hand to go and check out LC so I guess we are going in blindly! Kind of scary but fun at the same time. The ladies on here have put my mind at ease so I am not worried!

              #517 JaimeLynne

              JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

                Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by HolleyC
                I don't know where to stay yet...my parents go to PV at least once a year and have stayed in variety of places and they were on the hunt for the best place to stay while they were there this last time. They were staying this time at the Royal Delcameron but said that they would not recommend staying there. Their friends are at the Riu Jalisco right now and said it was a good place. Any recommendations?? I don't think that we can get the time off before hand to go and check out LC so I guess we are going in blindly! Kind of scary but fun at the same time. The ladies on here have put my mind at ease so I am not worried!
                We just stayed at the Westin and really enjoyed it there.

                ~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

                We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

                We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


                #518 jajajaja

                jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

                  Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Roxie
                  I can't believe how fast it's coming up!! I SO wish I had known about this site a year ago! We've booked Elizabeth Lloyd. Her portfolio looks great and she was one of Nicole's recommendations, so I'm assuming she's fabulous! Her website is ELIZABETH LLOYD - Photographer. Have you been to LC before?

                  Lindsay, did you have professional hair and makeup done?
                  That's my photog too! You may be her first LC wedding. When I had contacted her, she had never been there but she was going to do scouting trips to see where the good shots would be. I think Beth is now one of LC's recommended photogs.
                  Happily married since 2008

                  #519 starchild

                  starchild

                    Moderator

                  • Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

                    Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nat4crim
                    Welcome to the new Canadian LC Brides...

                    To go back to the lighting issues, I'm wondering if either Starchild or Ann can help me on this since both of your weddings were in June. I was under the impression that since I'm getting married in April, the sun does not set until after 8PM giving me plenty of time to get some pics in the daylight. Is this true or am I mistaken?
                    Gosh I lost track of all time that day, but I think the ceremony started around 6/6:15? Right after the ceremony we took group shots to get them done, then we took our couples shots. Then we joined the end of the cocktail reception and it was still light. I remember asking Nicole this question in advance and her saying the sun sets around 8pm in June.

                    The pics I have go from light to night really fast, so I guess the sun set sometime during dinner? Our dinner pics are pretty dark. These were taken after we took our photos, just before dinner. You can see how light it still is:

                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    #520 Mel

                    Mel
                    • Newbie
                    • 141 posts

                      Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:13 AM

                      Ok I have a few questions that came up when I was looking at chrisnessa's photos (everything looked gorgeous).

                      Did everyone else have chair covers or do you have to request them? I don't remember seeing them in anyone else's but maybe I just didn't pay that close of attention to the chairs (I was too busy dreaming of my day probably :) )

                      Was you dinner under the stars because you asked for it to be there or because of that roof thing missing? And if it is b/c of the roof missing wasn't that where everything was supposed to take place if it rained? Did Kelly or Nichole have other ideas or am I in the wrong part of Caletas and the backup area was somewhere else?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users