Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#41 j&j

j&j
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

I was wondering how you set your brunch up at La Palapa? Did you have to go down there or did you do it via phone/email? Thank you, Jamie

#42 marfa75

marfa75
    • 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

I booked it through email and lets just make sure they actually pull through before you book it. They were very scatter brain ish and not clear in their emails. I hope they have space reserved for me. As soon as I get down there, I am going to go there and talk to the manager to re-confirm everything.

#43 marfa75

marfa75
      • 71 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

Hey ladies, I jsut got pics of the buffet from Nicole. Looks pretty nice! So EXCITED, I want to leave today!!!
        As for the menus, Nicole said " we do have small labels letting everyone know what the food is, but we dont have printed menus. If you want to print some, that is fine, but usually everyone is okay with the labels that we have. It is up to you! "

Enjoy !!!

#44 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

would she be able to provide a list of the items being served? both for the dinner and appetizers during cocktail hour? are you getting that from her or are you just going with the labels she provides.

#45 marfa75

marfa75
          • 71 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:27 PM

I didnt ask her for a list of specifics. I wont be printing up menus, leaving in 4 days, I don't feel like taking on another project. : )
            I'm sure she can give you a list of everything though, I wonder if they change it from wedding to wedding? I didnt have any special requests, did you? Actually, the only thing I asked for is Sangria. Did you do any of the liqiour upgrades or are you not at that point yet?
            I forgot to ask if they have guacamole, thats a MUST!!!

#46 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
            • 413 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

The only drink we requested was the rum punch!! It is SO GOOD!!!! Had it on the boat the last time we were out there and it was very very good!

#47 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
              • 413 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

No, we didn't get any of the liquor upgrades...they have pretty much everything we need/want, so we didn't bother. The rum punch didn't cost anything extra - she just made a mention of it to make sure that they had it for us! I like the guacamole idea too - might have to add that...
                Off the top of my head for the menu, I think they have grilled chicken breast, steak, fish, mushroom alfredo and lots of salads. I think the cocktail hour food includes caviar, shrimp....can't remember the rest! Dessert was fresh fruit, flan, rice pudding and wedding cake I believe...
                I will double check when I find my contract at home!
                Lindsay

#48 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:01 PM

Lucky for you all, I am never far from my laptop, which pretty much has my life on it ... here's from my contract:

Food and Beverages
                  Dinner: Dinner Buffet (grilled steak, chicken, fish, pasta, fresh vegetables, rice, patatoes, salads, tropical fruit)
                  Dessert: Dessert Buffet (flan, rice pudding, pie, brownies, tropical fruit, etc.)
                  Cake: Wedding cake available in white or chocolate adorned with fresh fruit or flowers
                  Drinks: Open Bar (Includes: Tequila, Vodka, Rum, Whiskey, Beer, Mixed Drinks, Soft Drinks, Juices, Bottled Water etc)
                  Hors d'oeuvres: shrimp, parma ham, smoked salmon, caviar, cheese, crackers

#49 B&G

B&G
                  • 79 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:57 PM

Hi :) We just wanted to introduce ourselves to the forum! We're two more Las Caletas brides... We're having a commitment ceremony in November and we're super excited. Randomly stumbled on this site and have already gotten some great ideas from everyone. Can't wait to see pictures etc.

Brooke and Gen
                    Brooke and Gen

http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
                    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
                    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#50 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

YAY - more Las Caletas brides!!! WOOHOO!! I'd love to hear about what you guys are doing (and probably steal ideas!). Are you pretty much done with the planning, or what do you have left to do? What is your wedding date?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users