Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#431 nat4crim

nat4crim
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for all your input ladies.

Jamie, I like the idea of fading two songs into each other but a little hesitant as to the timing. If it took 5 and some minutes for 10 people plus you Jamie, maybe it will take about 2 and half minutes for 3 bridesmaids and me? Maybe Nicole will have a better idea of timing.

Lindsey, that's awesome that they were able to fade out the songs without it stopping abruptly. That is nice to know, however it leaves me with one question. What about your song?? Did you let it play until it ended or fade it as well?

I like the idea of casual laid back (over the rainbow) to dramatic (bittersweet symphony. In my case though it may be dramatic first and then causal...or two casual...arrh..I like to many songs and cannot choose :) Maybe this is one task I should just relinquish to FH LOL

#432 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

We had appetizers & drinks brought to us while we were taking pictures. What can I say we like to eat...lmao! It was really good too, all of the food was.

Ann we have to go back when you aren't sick so you can eat. LC makes the yummiest paella! And the chicken stuffed with shrimp was delicious. Sounds a lot better than the soup I'm eating now :o(

#433 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
      • 413 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

Natalie;

For my song they just turned the volume down as well - I used Somewhere over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful world mix (from 50 First Dates) and the song would have been WAY too long for me to stand up at the front until it was over!

Jamie - I agree about the paella! I've never had the chicken stuffed with shrimp - sounds delicious! I'm still in for a group vow renewal - any time ladies - just let me know so I can book time off ahead of time!!! LOL

Lindsay

#434 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:58 PM

Well I guess we could keep the cavier and see if people want to try something new. I don't think I could eat it. Just the idea freaks me out. I think lamb is good but once I start thinking about it being a nice, cute little lamb I get really disgusted. Guess I'm weird. I'll eat beef and chicken like no other though.
          Happily married since 2008

#435 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:09 PM

I don't know if this is something you'd consider, but what about just letting the trio play whatever they want? Or give them a little direction? I just told them to play something - and to be honest, I don't even know that I noticed what it was! Actually, while I was standing up there waiting to go down, I heard Over the Rainbow - so I know they can play that! Then they can just time it accordingly.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            Ann we have to go back when you aren't sick so you can eat. LC makes the yummiest paella! And the chicken stuffed with shrimp was delicious. Sounds a lot better than the soup I'm eating now :o(
            ugh - SO not fair. I had so many visions of me drinking my margaritas, doing shots, drinking wine, eating all this yummy food, etc. - and none of it happened! I totally want to go back and partake in the yummy side of Caletas!

#436 nat4crim

nat4crim
            • 163 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:43 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by akh
              I don't know if this is something you'd consider, but what about just letting the trio play whatever they want? Or give them a little direction? I just told them to play something - and to be honest, I don't even know that I noticed what it was! Actually, while I was standing up there waiting to go down, I heard Over the Rainbow - so I know they can play that! Then they can just time it accordingly.
              OMG...that is a great idea. My FH wants me to walk to over the rainbow but it does not seem romantic enough for me. I'm thinking it is a great song for my bridal party though. Now if the trio plays it for me then I can set up my ipod for my song and have someone turn it down slowly when I get to the front so it is not cut abruptly but rather faded out. Yeah!!! Now that that is decided, just need to pick my song to walk to.

Thanks for all your great suggestions ladies

#437 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
              • 176 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

Lindsey who handled the IPOD for you at Las Caletas? Turning off and on at the appropriate times? TY

And girls beautiful Fall Pics!!!
                Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#438 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
                • 413 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:56 AM

The 'cruise director' that came on the boat with all of our guests was the one that handled the Ipod for us...

Lindsay

#439 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
                  • 176 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:00 AM

TY...did you tip him extra for doing this?
                    Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#440 tvt

tvt
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hey, I don't think we've done this yet, but were did/is are all the LC brides staying/stayed while in PV?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users