Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

i do think there was that green turf like stuff under the thatched mats - no idea why we got them, and you didn't! you can kind of see in this pic ...

Click the image to open in full size.

and here you can really see them starting to come off, and the candles on the edge made me nervous!

and here's where they start on fire!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I had a question about the aisle set up. My FI is very adament about having us face the ocean and being able to get the ocean in our photos. So the L- thing would work, but did any of you who had this set up have the palm arch. FI says that we won't be able to see through the palms. Do any of you have any ideas?

Your FI sounds like us..lol I did not have the palm arch so I'm not sure if it would obstruct the view. I would think you can still see the ocean pretty well but the view would may be slightly limited? The chuppa we ordered was the most basic one they offer, with no extra flowers or anything so it was wide open. We had a killer view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
well i wonder why we had thatched stuff. i did like the look, i am not complaining, but wonder why they have it at some weddings and not others!
Yeah me too...strange. How crazy that your floor caught fire...lol I thought my dress was going to catch the votives on the dancefloor a few times, that's where my change of clothes came in handy! When the fire dancers were all up on us some of my guests were really nervous, you can hear my aunt on one of our videos shouting "that's dangerous". My bm later told me she put so much hairspray on my hair she was scared my hair would catch fire....lol

oh yea - i was totally scared for my hair - as were all of my guests! if you look at my photos, my face looks like i am scared for my life!

as for which way teh aisle faces, the reason i chose the straight one is because then you could see the ocean, and the jungle - the best of both worlds!

Ann, I didn't know you had a video until I read that comment that you had a link on your website. I stayed up and watched the whole thing- an hour past my bed time, now I am way too tired today!!

For not doing much (as you claim) your tables looked great. The video showed them way more clearly.

Did Nicole add in the seashells and little flowers all on her own? Those are little details I was planning on bringing with me so if she is thoughtful and gracious enough to do them on her own, then shoot......this is going to be easier than I thought!

As for the video itself, was this the one purchased through the wedding package?

You're wedding was cute...I got to see the live version of you and Paul. It was sweet.

yup - i got the video, it was the one purchased though vallarta adventures. totally gives a different viewpoint than the pictures, right? i love it - it's so fun to watch. hmm - i may have to watch it again tonight.

i definitely didn't bring any shells or tell Nicole to add anything - i really gave her creative freedom. were the shells on the guest book table? we had a photo mat for people to sign instead of a guest book - she even decorated that (the leaves, etc.).

honestly - they really take pride in what they do, and they're good at it. granted, i didn't really have any specific requests, or wasn't too picky - but she went above and beyond to make sure things looked nice.

I'm not planning on being totally anal retentive or anything about my wedding or obviously I wouldn't have chosen a DW. It is nice to know they think about the details. I'm a details person, so in the back of my mind I have been trying to figure out how to pack all those details for Nicole to use, but if she is going to already have them, it will be so much easier for me!

I already have purchased some polished amber stones to scatter on the tables amongst the tealights/candles instead of petals for a nice glow, and I thought about some starfish...but I may hold off on some other stuff before I talk to Nicole. Don't want to waste my time/effort if she's already on it.

Was Nicole in the black/white striped dress in your wedding video? I thought that may have been her...but I wasn't sure. I couldn't think who else would have hung back to watch you get married then immediately pop up to kiss your cheek and say something.