Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#281 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

Rachel, our table was set for 33, including us, it was one big loooooong table...it was maybe too long, but then again, it was kind of neat with all of us at one big table...

#282 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by akh
      here are some pics of my centerpices and table stuff (all photos are by Leigh Miller)

Click the image to open in full size.

I saved these to my file from before
      Did you have your dinner on the beach? Or is that under that thatched roof thingy ma-bob? Ok...so I'm sure you understand what I mean. It just looks like open air.
      Happily married since 2008

#283 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:23 PM

i know exactly what you mean! we had dinner in the little hut thing - more pics ... i had the hardest time visualizing it all, since i had never been there - so i am all about sharing pics and explaining it better!

here is where dinner was - behind these people standing

and here's the same thing, just further away. you can see a table for 2 on the left - that's where paul and i sat. it's usually where the DJ sets up, but he just set up on the beach instead.

#284 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

Ahhh...okay so it's all in that pink building. I love that they painted it pink too. So festive!

That's where the bar and bar swings are located correct? It's hard to put it all together by pictures.

#285 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

i know - it is hard, so ask as many questions as you need to! yup - the dinner, bar, swings, buffet, everything was in that pink building. then the ceremony, dance, fire, etc. was all right below it

#286 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

So during the night once it's party time, you have to walk your butt up to the bar to get a new drink? I think I can handle that...too bad I don't have a butler service with silver trays. Only kidding. That would be pretty DIVA.

#287 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:52 PM

i guess so - but since i didn't drink anything all night, i don't really know! but the bar is up those stairs. as the bride, i am sure you won't be hoofing it anywhere!

#288 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by akh
                  i guess so - but since i didn't drink anything all night, i don't really know! but the bar is up those stairs. as the bride, i am sure you won't be hoofing it anywhere!
                  Awww...that's right. You weren't able to drink. This is more a question for Jamy since it sounds like she drank yours and her share!

I know they don't have electricity, but the kitchen does. Under special request, can they have a blender? We are HUGE blended margarita fans and when I told FI we can't have them he was so disappointed. I told him a few shots of tequila would make him forget all about it. It would be so fun to surprise him with one though.

#289 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

ya know - i have no idea! i know when we had lunch, one of the girls asked for a blended drink and they said they didn't have any blenders. so not sure if they could do that. maybe they make everything over flame - not sure!

#290 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

As for the bar, there were times Nicole/staff brought me drinks, times my friends did, and times we were hanging by the bar lining up shots so everyone grabbed their own. I don't think you can arrange for a blender, but it doesn't hurt to ask. They are big on nature and blenders don't fit into that, lol.

My decorations were quite simple, similar to Lindsay's. The only thing extra I paid was like $25 for petals to go on the tables. Everything else was free, or should I say came with the package. We had 35. We wanted one big table too because we like family style gatherings rather than a restaurant feel, we were seated at the head. There ended up being one table next to the big long one. It looked nice and everyone was together, which was important to us. Here are some of my pics, if you need shots of specific things let me know:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users