Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#191 MarlaB

MarlaB
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:27 PM

I also put down my deposit for April Fool's Day 2008. I did get a confirmation so be patient. Didn't j&j just wed at Las Caletas on 5-5-07? Are there pictures somewhere

Lindsay (or anyone that was married out of the country):
    Besides your gown as a carry on item, how in the world did the other important items get transported such as shoes, hair accessories, jewelry, make up, and other items necessary for the wedding? I don't trust checking them in but I fear not having enough room to carry them on!!

#192 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
    • 413 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:43 PM

Well, in the garment bag that I had my gown in, I had FH's wedding clothes, and my veil. I put my jewellery in my purse, and I was also allowed a carry on in addition to my wedding gown - so I put the important things in that! Check with your airline to see if you can carry on a bag as well as your wedding dress!
      I love that you are getting married on April 1st! That's such a great date!!!! (It's also my parent's anniversary!)
      Lindsay
      PS: haven't seen any recent pics from LC weddings - Jayme (Starchild) was married June 2nd - and I'm not sure when she is back...

#193 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:56 PM

I don't have much time - but all I want to say is WOW!! If anyone is hesitating on Las Caletas - DON'T!! It was amazing - more than I ever could have imagined. A dream come true ... but better.

Both Nicole and Kelley were there on my wedding day - and both were amazing - so don't worry! They made sure everything went as planned.

I am writing a looooong review, with all sorts of detail - and will post it when I get back (I am still in Hawaii, at an airport going from Oahu to Maui).

I ran into Jamy at Dreams the day before she left - she said the same thing, her wedding went perfect as well ... and I was able to get her the traveling starfish just in time for her wedding! I ran into one of her guests as she was headed out the door for Las Caletas, and I was checking in to Dreams. Perfect timing.

Seriously, the best wedding ever - our guests are raving about it and said we've ruined them for any other wedding. Paul and I were both sick on the wedding day, and it was still fabulous - I can't imagine how great it would have been had we felt well!

Off to Maui ... I'll check in later...

#194 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

so i was rereading this thread and now have another question

did/are you girls paying 300 dollars to get your hair done?

I just want my hair done at las caletas, but i don't want to pay 300 dollars to do so... i read online that it starts at 150 for hair.

#195 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
          • 413 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:03 PM

Nope - I didn't hire the hairdresser - but I have short hair!

I took my aunt (who is a retired hairdresser) over to Las Caletas with me in the morning - and she did my hair for free! If it would have turned out my aunt wasn't coming, I would have done it myself!

I would suggest either doing it yourself, or having a friend or a bridesmaid or someone help you do it - I think $300 is a little too much!!!
            I think Ann hired the hairdresser, so I'm sure she will be able to tell you all about it though, (and if I recall, I think she said something about it being $300!) (ouch!)

I wouldn't want to risk having my hair done before heading over to Las Caletas on the boat though, it just gets too windy and I think it would fall for sure....even with a ton of hairspray...

Lindsay

#196 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:49 AM

popping in again - just HAD to! we're enjoying Hawaii - but can't wait to see pictures and tell you all about the wedding.

i did hire the hairdresser and paid quite a bit - maybe $300 or $350 - but i got a trial as well. i have a TON of hair, and it's frizzy/curly so it's not easy to deal with. Nicole arranged everything for me, and my trial was on Tue. morning in PV at L'occoco (i could be spelling that wrong) and the same girl came out Fri for my wedding, she came out around 2:30pm. she did a great job. definitely a lot of $$ - but for me it was worth it, there was no one else to do my hair.

#197 Caletas_bridetobe

Caletas_bridetobe
              • 45 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

Well, Im back and it was wonderful. I couldnt have asked for anything better! Except that it was entirely too short. It felt like it was over in a flash. Here are some pics....franco gonzalez was the photographer and he was great!!!

Snapfish: Share:Registration

#198 Caletas_bridetobe

Caletas_bridetobe
                • 45 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

I think that some of the picture files were so big that you cant view them. Try the slideshow, I think that works better.

Yeah, it was really small just my hubby and my parents. Im glad though because I didnt want to have a big ordeal. Everything was great but it was just way to short. how about with you? Do you have any pictures?

#199 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Caletas_bridetobe
                    I think that some of the picture files were so big that you cant view them. Try the slideshow, I think that works better.

Yeah, it was really small just my hubby and my parents. Im glad though because I didnt want to have a big ordeal. Everything was great but it was just way to short. how about with you? Do you have any pictures?
                    I will definitely try that ... thanks for the tip. I love the idea of just an intimate wedding, especially at a place like Caletas! Did you have the deluxe package, or did you do the intimate? I'd love to do something like this for an anniversary, like 10 year or something (or maybe 5, not sure I can wait that long!).

I don't have all of my pics yet, but here is a sliseshow that Leigh put together (just cuz she's so dang sweet!):
                    you girls keep mentioning that time flies. Do you wish you would have extended the reception?
                    i think any bride will say that time flies at their wedding, i don't know that it's anything specific to Las Caletas. it does go fast, and 10:30 seems a little early to end things - but there is the boat ride back to the marina and then a cab/bus back to the hotel. for us - it worked out well - those that wanted to go out went out after, the rest of us went back to the resort!

#200 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Rkiss
                      So I am finally getting around to making some decisions about the wedding. Ann, I am wondering if an extra hour would be worth it. I know you have to book this ahead of time. I need to go back and check out your review so I can ask you more questions!
                      Loved your pics... so beautiful!
                      I know that Jamy got an extra 1/2 hour and said it was worth it - but her crowd was definitely a party crowd. honestly, it's hard for me to say since i wasn't feeling well. i definitely think people would still have been dancing and having a blast had we extended it - no doubt. but there were also people who were probably ready to go at 10:30 - given that we also had an hour or more trip to go (boat ride, bus to Dreams, etc.). Kids were falling asleep on chairs, etc. - which is fine - but not sure how late would have been "too late." When we were deciding, we figured that those people that wanted to still party after the boat ride could go out afterwards - and they did!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users