Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#181 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:16 PM

i know i've been guilty of saying "island" - but it's not. it's a "secluded beach cove area" - think those were Nicole's words when i asked her this exact question. actually, let me see if i can find that email ...

#182 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

My date(s) are still open on the calendar! Only one booking for November 08! I only emailed her yeserday.... i'm just impatient! Ann, maybe if you would stop taking all of that poor girls time!! J/K! Your wedding is so close!

Edit: I have another ? how much deposit do you have to put down to reserve your date?

#183 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:21 PM

i haven't heard from her today - so she might be out.

you have to put down $1000

#184 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:44 AM

Hi girls! I got an email from Kelley... the second WC at Las Caletas. She seems great! I filled out the wedding request last week and on Sat/Sun I got a few emails and a proposal! I'm pumped. She's quick and detailed and I love it!

November 3, 2008 is open and we're going to go for it!!!!!!!!

Here's my question to you gals... we're trying to decide of the trio is worth the 750... and then the dj. What are you gals doing?

#185 nat4crim

nat4crim
          • 163 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

Congrats on having your wedding date confirmed. Mine is still up in the air and keeps changing because of difficulties with the travel arrangements.

We are considering getting the trio for 2 hours to entertain the guests before the ceremony and after during the cocktail reception. However, we are not 100% sold cuz we did not like the clip we heard on the website. I'm sure there may be other options I can work out with the wedding coordinator though.

As for the DJ, we decided against for a few reasons. For one, our budget :)
            I've spoken to a few brides who brought their ipod for the dancing and it worked out great. By the time you actually have dinner, speeches and cake cutting, there is not enough time left to justify the cost of a dj. Besides, by setting up your own playlists you control what music gets played. Also, we are going to have the fire dancers so that will also take away from actual dancing time.

#186 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:24 PM

So are you renting the speakers and stuff? Just not the DJ? That is what we'd like to do.

#187 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
              • 413 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:32 PM

The package you get for your wedding includes the use of the professional sound system, and they have all of the connectors/wires/everything to hook up to your ipod...it worked really well for us!

Lindsay

#188 B&G

B&G
                • 79 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:03 PM

i can't believe that ann's wedding is in two days! how exciting!

we debated between all of the music options and, after much talk, we decided that we are going with the dj..however, we are bringing CDs for him to play throughout certain parts of our day so that we aren't relinquishing all control. we are bringing music for him to play for our ceremony, through the cocktail hour which follows and during the dinner. we are also bringing a CD with music for all of the special dances (first dance, daddy-daughter dance) that we are having.

in the end, we figured that we wanted not only ourselves but all of our guests (80 of them, ouch!) to be relaxed throughout the entire evening. we wanted someone to host our reception and announce all of the dances, just as we would've done if we were getting married at home.

=)
                  Brooke and Gen

http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
                  Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
                  Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#189 cfrancesp

cfrancesp
                  • 64 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:13 PM

Does anyone know if we have to pick the music for during the ceremony? Or does Nicole already do that? Any ideas?

#190 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
                    • 413 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:04 AM

We picked our own music, I think Nicole has a few options, but she suggested that we'd probably like to pick our own.

We used Somewhere over the Rainbow (from 50 first dates) for the processional, and Smashmouth's I'm a Believer for the Recessional..

Lindsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users