Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#1661 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
    Oh BTW- people are always asking me about the starfish in my bouquet when they look at pics. It's such a nice story to share, but for some non-internet savvy people it kinda goes over their head. I guess it's hard for them to comprehend that we are sharing so much on the internet and building great relationships in that you are willing to SHARE stuff. But that's why I'm still here after being married for over a year.
    lol - right!!?

SO who initially brought THIS starfish (that's about to die, pobrecito!) to LC?? I'm curious to know it's life story

Eeek, I leave 1 wk from TODAY!!! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#1662 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
      lol - right!!?

SO who initially brought THIS starfish (that's about to die, pobrecito!) to LC?? I'm curious to know it's life story

Eeek, I leave 1 wk from TODAY!!! :)
      I THINK Tara had this starfish before me...but I am not sure who had it before her or if she was the first to take out to LC

#1663 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

Yari had it first!

#1664 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

Wow- that puppy kept on ticking! That's a much better way to do it than mailing it! I think the starfish I used made it through 4 weddings before it crapped out. It was missing a few stones when I "borrowed" it but it lived a good life.
          Happily married since 2008

#1665 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,490 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

oh wow!

So Rachel...you had the blue one too?

so it went Rachel, Yari, Tara, me?

#1666 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

Nope- I wasn't in that one. I had a starfish that was mailed from member to member. Not just LC brides. I think someone (I'm not sure who decided to just keep one at LC but it was a brillant idea) came up with that idea sometime after my wedding.
              Happily married since 2008

#1667 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

the one i had at LC was the first LC one i think, but that's not the one that stayed - it was mailed on to someone. then i also left one at Dreams PV - but that got lost somewhere at Dreams. poor little starfish ...

#1668 verh0016

verh0016
                • 110 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

So who ever is next after Jaime should bring out another starfish to pass along the tradition! Or, I'll bring one in November, but hope there will be one prior.
                  The new Mrs. Selden

#1669 bca33

bca33
                  • 336 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                    Oh BTW- people are always asking me about the starfish in my bouquet when they look at pics. It's such a nice story to share, but for some non-internet savvy people it kinda goes over their head. I guess it's hard for them to comprehend that we are sharing so much on the internet and building great relationships in that you are willing to SHARE stuff. But that's why I'm still here after being married for over a year.
                    I completely agree. My friends just look at me odd when I talk about the forum and everyone in it. I think your right that they just cant comprehend it!

Just wanted to let everyone know I did purchase a starfish and will be leaving it there for whoever is next!!!

#1670 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,490 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bca33
                      I completely agree. My friends just look at me odd when I talk about the forum and everyone in it. I think your right that they just cant comprehend it!

Just wanted to let everyone know I did purchase a starfish and will be leaving it there for whoever is next!!!

Yep.. I think my guests thought I was crazy when I tried to explain the BDW to them...

They just kept asking me how I was able to so easily plan everything for Mexico from the US....i would say BDW! and then I just repeatedly got this blank stare from them... I guess they will never understand!

that is super awesome of you to have purchased another starfish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users