Jump to content

Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)


  • Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#1511 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

    Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duchess
    This was torture for me. I posted and got no replies, and then tried to search this thread and didn't get anything. I went in totally blind on this.
    It could be that you didn't get a reply because the question has been answered a zillion times before! People get a little tired of answering the same question over and over. I know I've responded quite a few times over the last year plus. But sorry you felt like we abandoned you!

    And really, it's all a personal preference/decision anyway. I think we gave a few hundred to Nicole to split between her, Kelley (we had both of them there that day), and Brad. But honestly, I can't remember!

    #1512 Pazoop

    Pazoop
    • Jr. Member
    • 223 posts

      Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:23 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
      I'm just now getting caught up to this thread.

      Congrats to all the newly married LC girls!!!!

      Pazoop - your pics were amazing, made me tear up actually
      Thanks JamieLynne! We love our slideshow and I'm expecting the rest of pics back from Nathaniel in the next day few days! I'm so excited I can't stand it! In the meantime, he's posted our wedding on his blog and given a great mention to Las Caletas and to Kelley and Nicole...

      Nathaniel Thompson's Photography Blog
      ***************************************

      Las Caletas Wedding and TTD Slideshow
      Photos by the awesome Nathaniel Thompson

      #1513 Andi

      Andi

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 3,490 posts

        Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Pazoop
        Thanks JamieLynne! We love our slideshow and I'm expecting the rest of pics back from Nathaniel in the next day few days! I'm so excited I can't stand it! In the meantime, he's posted our wedding on his blog and given a great mention to Las Caletas and to Kelley and Nicole...

        Nathaniel Thompson's Photography Blog
        what a great write up on Nathaniel's site! WOO reading stuff like that never gets old, it just makes me more EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

        #1514 JaimeLynne

        JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

          Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

          Does anyone know if they can provide raffia fans, or did you take your down there with you? Oriental Trading Co. has them a dozen for $9.99 so it's not like it will break the bank - I'd just rather take as little as possible. but i know ppl are going to need fans, it's gonna be hot!

          I just talked to nicole today and I'm getting lime green chair ties - yayyy! :) Also I think we are going to do the parrot ring bearer... has anyone here done that yet?? We don't have a ring bearer so I think that's so cool - he is trained to fly out over the ocean dramatically and then come drop off the rings. But no worries, as he doesn't carry the REAL ones!! I think it costs $400 for this FYI. But I think it will be a really cute surprise for our guests.

          ~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

          We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

          We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


          #1515 halef1

          halef1
          • Newbie
          • 25 posts

            Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:35 AM

            Hey,

            I don't think I ever posted links to our blog pics either. I'll also repost the slideshow.

            Enjoy! We LOVED bobbi+mike. They had never shot at LC before but were just awesome to be around! Really! They worked so hard (husband and wife team), were sooooo much fun to hang out with, and are amazing photographers. Highly recommend them.

            Engagement
            bobbi+mike Blog Archive heather+brian

            Wedding
            bobbi+mike Blog Archive heather+brian

            TTD
            bobbi+mike Blog Archive heather+brian

            Slideshow
            http://bobbiandmike....eshows/sellers/
            username: alef
            password: sellers

            -Heather

            #1516 tvt

            tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

              Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

              heather your pics are awesome!!! gosh i love LC weddings!

              #1517 tvt

              tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

                Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

                just saw a tipping question. we tipped Kelley, the bartenders, the firedancers, and brad. I swear, by the end of the night my dad was going around tipping everyone! He was so crazy impressed by the whole entire production. Total extra tips I think we ended up around 450 - 500, but I can't be totally sure as it was my dad passing most of them out.

                #1518 Duchess

                Duchess
                • Jr. Member
                • 358 posts

                  Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AnnR
                  It could be that you didn't get a reply because the question has been answered a zillion times before! People get a little tired of answering the same question over and over. I know I've responded quite a few times over the last year plus. But sorry you felt like we abandoned you!
                  I don't mean to get defensive but my god, when you search for things, so many threads that are unrelated come up. I recall being in a panic and searching for quite a while. "tip" brought up every wedding tip (ie hints and tips) on here. I read through all of the how to threads on searching, and still found it really difficult. I don't mean to hijack, but sometimes the answers are really, really, really hard to find.

                  #1519 nathanielthompsonphoto

                  nathanielthompsonphoto
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,213 posts

                    Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:21 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by halef1
                    Hey,

                    I don't think I ever posted links to our blog pics either. I'll also repost the slideshow.

                    Enjoy! We LOVED bobbi+mike. They had never shot at LC before but were just awesome to be around! Really! They worked so hard (husband and wife team), were sooooo much fun to hang out with, and are amazing photographers. Highly recommend them.

                    Engagement
                    bobbi+mike Blog Archive heather+brian

                    Wedding
                    bobbi+mike Blog Archive heather+brian

                    TTD
                    bobbi+mike Blog Archive heather+brian

                    Slideshow
                    http://bobbiandmike....eshows/sellers/
                    username: alef
                    password: sellers

                    -Heather
                    These are great! You looked beautiful, and bobbi and mike did an awesome job capturing it all!

                    #1520 Christine

                    Christine
                    • VIP Member
                    • 21,514 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                    • LocationReno, NV

                    Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Duchess
                    I don't mean to get defensive but my god, when you search for things, so many threads that are unrelated come up. I recall being in a panic and searching for quite a while. "tip" brought up every wedding tip (ie hints and tips) on here. I read through all of the how to threads on searching, and still found it really difficult. I don't mean to hijack, but sometimes the answers are really, really, really hard to find.
                    well maybe you should refine your searches, think about the internet for example. When you go to google and type in "tip" do you think exactly what you want is going to come up first...umm no, actually you have to be careful about your selection. If I was looking for information on tipping, I would search the word "tipping".
                    We also have an advanced search on this forum that let's you specify an area, a person, and even more keywords.
                    This is a very large forum and searching becomes even more inefficient when we continue to post the same things over and over again.
                    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users