Jump to content

Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)


  • Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#1481 verh0016

verh0016
  • Newbie
  • 110 posts

    Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

    Hey ladies - I hope you're all well.
    I leave Sunday and will be in PV for a week for a site visit.

    I'm posting to see if any brides need anything while I'm there?
    I will take photos for 'Goldstein to Be' as requested of the Riu Vallarta disco while we stay there. I also plan to get to Walmart and Costco to check if they have alcohol and similar amentities to the U.S.

    I visit LC on Tuesday, 2/17 with Kelley. We are also either visiting or staying at both Dreams, the Marival and the Riu Vallarta. We also have apoointments at La Palapa, Barcelon Tapas, Tikul and De Santos.

    Let me know if I can help answer questions, take photos, collect menus - anything ladies. You have all been a great help, so I am happy to give back.

    Best - Trisha
    The new Mrs. Selden

    #1482 Andi

    Andi

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

      Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by verh0016
      Hey ladies - I hope you're all well.
      I leave Sunday and will be in PV for a week for a site visit.

      I'm posting to see if any brides need anything while I'm there?
      I will take photos for 'Goldstein to Be' as requested of the Riu Vallarta disco while we stay there. I also plan to get to Walmart and Costco to check if they have alcohol and similar amentities to the U.S.

      I visit LC on Tuesday, 2/17 with Kelley. We are also either visiting or staying at both Dreams, the Marival and the Riu Vallarta. We also have apoointments at La Palapa, Barcelon Tapas, Tikul and De Santos.

      Let me know if I can help answer questions, take photos, collect menus - anything ladies. You have all been a great help, so I am happy to give back.

      Best - Trisha
      Hey Trisha, that is very nice of you! Have an awesome time, have you been to las caletas before? if not i think you will fall in love instantly!

      I am interested in your feedback on Walmart actually...we were possibly thinking about stopping there to pick up a few things for the OOT bags and also some bottles of Crown Royal if they have it (FI loves crown and they do not have it at las caletas, but nicole told me if we buy a few bottles on our own they will serve it at our reception)

      can't wait to hear how your trip goes!
      Thanks again!

      #1483 brittbrodin

      brittbrodin
      • Jr. Member
      • 246 posts

        Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

        That's exciting Trisha!! I second what Andi said about LC...you definitely won't be disappointed. :)

        Have so much fun!!!
        March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati....-review-40270/
        Slideshow by Beth Lloyd
        http://bestdestinati....-mexico-45184/

        #1484 Duchess

        Duchess
        • Jr. Member
        • 358 posts

          Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:12 PM

          I got back in January. Walmart and Costco and Mega have all the alcohol you would want. It is priced similar to the US. As far as OOT bag stuff, I did not have any luck. Any swag that was mexican themed was really expensive at Walmart. We had a little gift night for Christmas dinner and DH wanted to buy everyone little gifts, and it was like tiny bottle of tequila with a sombrero was 8 bucks. They had pic frames and bottle openers etc, but it was way overpriced. Same with PV t-shirts etc. Other than that, Walmart is the same as here. Actually, it kind of reminds me of what a Walmart would be like in a vacation spot. Like the one in Sturgis SD has tons of overpriced souvenirs during Bike Week!

          #1485 halef1

          halef1
          • Newbie
          • 25 posts

            Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

            Hey ladies!!!

            I know I don't post much here but just wanted to share a slideshow from my wedding at LC on January 11th! Our photographers ROCKED!!!!!! Las Caletas was AWESOME (Thanks SO MUCH to Nicole)! Our hotel worked out GREAT (Villa Del Palmar)! Our welcome dinner was amazing (Daiquiri Dicks).

            Anyhow here's the link to where I posted all my info - I think you'll enjoy!

            http://bestdestinati....023#post689975

            #1486 brittbrodin

            brittbrodin
            • Jr. Member
            • 246 posts

              Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:35 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by halef1
              Hey ladies!!!

              I know I don't post much here but just wanted to share a slideshow from my wedding at LC on January 11th! Our photographers ROCKED!!!!!! Las Caletas was AWESOME (Thanks SO MUCH to Nicole)! Our hotel worked out GREAT (Villa Del Palmar)! Our welcome dinner was amazing (Daiquiri Dicks).

              Anyhow here's the link to where I posted all my info - I think you'll enjoy!

              http://bestdestinati....023#post689975
              Congrats!! I'm glad to hear everything turned out so amazing and the pictures are proof of that! :)

              Attached Files


              March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati....-review-40270/
              Slideshow by Beth Lloyd
              http://bestdestinati....-mexico-45184/

              #1487 kati

              kati
              • Newbie
              • 30 posts

                Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

                I just got married on the 19th of January. It was amazing , of course! But we did end up having our rehearsal dinner at Fajita Republic, I DO NOT recommend anyone even having dinner there. We had gone last year and it was fabulous, but since then it has changed locations and staff (not owner). They were so incredibly rude to say the least. Just so you girls know... Don't make the same mistake we did.

                #1488 Andi

                Andi

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 3,490 posts

                  Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:34 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kati
                  I just got married on the 19th of January. It was amazing , of course! But we did end up having our rehearsal dinner at Fajita Republic, I DO NOT recommend anyone even having dinner there. We had gone last year and it was fabulous, but since then it has changed locations and staff (not owner). They were so incredibly rude to say the least. Just so you girls know... Don't make the same mistake we did.
                  Hey Kati, congrats! I am glad that the wedding turned out well even though the rehearsal didnt! When you get a chance will you share some pics?



                  We received our cups today (or well I did...I hope everyone else did too!) Here is a pic of how they turned out, the logo is a bit on the small side but I do really like them...thank you girls who went in on the order with me!

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  #1489 brittbrodin

                  brittbrodin
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 246 posts

                    Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:40 AM

                    Congrats Kati!!

                    Andi - I got my cups yesterday too and we tested a few out! They turned out great!!! Thanks again for heading up the project :)
                    March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
                    http://bestdestinati....-review-40270/
                    Slideshow by Beth Lloyd
                    http://bestdestinati....-mexico-45184/

                    #1490 Morton-Woods

                    Morton-Woods
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 301 posts

                      Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

                      Thanks girls, me too.... I havent been on in a while... andi can you email me I lost your stuff and need some info... hope everyone has a great week... :)

                      PS: Congrats Kati and Lauren




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users