Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#1301 brittbrodin

brittbrodin
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:40 PM

Love the idea Kati!! I'm not a cake person myself, so we may do brownies?? I haven't talked specifics with Kelley yet, but Nicole is right, from the pictures I've seen of the other LC brides's cakes...they can do pretty much anything! Just send her a pic of what you envision and they'll make it happen. :)
    March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
    http://bestdestinati....-review-40270/
    Slideshow by Beth Lloyd
    http://bestdestinati....-mexico-45184/

#1302 Pazoop

Pazoop
    • 223 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by kati
      I am getting married on the 19th of January and for a cake we are doing a round pyramid of tequila shots all lit on fire. With peoples names engraved on them!! Probably not much help... But it's very us!
      Kati -- You are getting married at Las Caletas the night before me! And we're both from Toronto! That's so funny, it is such a small world. Where are you staying in Puerto Vallarta?

Las Caletas Wedding and TTD Slideshow
      Photos by the awesome Nathaniel Thompson

#1303 halef1

halef1
      • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

We're actually doing little mini brownie cakes (circular with white powdered sugar on top) with a bowl of ice cream on the side :-)

There seem to be lots of cool pics of wedding cakes from the LC brides on their wedding photo links!

#1304 brittbrodin

brittbrodin
        • 246 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:57 PM

I love the mini brownie idea w/ the ice cream on the side. I thought about doing cake, but the only real reason I'd do it is for the pictures and we're going to get so many other great shots, I'm not too concerned. :)
          Slideshow by Beth Lloyd

#1305 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by k317chi
            Hi - I'm getting married on Las Caletas on 1/17/09. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on the wedding cake. Nicole says she can do anything - which is a little overwhelming. What do people suggest? Did you go with a filling? Did anyone do chocolate cake? Does it taste like traditional wedding cake?

Thanks!!
            We did chocolate/chocolate cake. It was pretty darn tasty. We didn't have any specifications as to what we wanted our cake to look like. I actually thought a brown cake was going to be really ugly! But I think it turned out cute with the bright flowers. Here's a pic:

Click the image to open in full size.

#1306 kati

kati
            • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:45 AM

Julia - It is actually pretty funny that we are so close together... I will try not to make Nicole to exhausted, so she has some energy left for you! Ha.

We are staying at the Tropicana hotel. We have stayed there many times before and love it! Where are you guys staying? When do you fly down?

#1307 kati

kati
              • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:50 AM

Brittany - we are not much into cake either but don't get me wrong I love dessert. So we are having individual desserts for everyone. They can choose either chocolate mousse or creme brulee. So delicious.... They are my favourites.

It's all individual I guess, whether it's cake or tequila!! It's all yummy.

#1308 brittbrodin

brittbrodin
                • 246 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

I agree...to each there own!

Tara - your cake looks amazing!
                  Slideshow by Beth Lloyd

#1309 SarahL

SarahL
                  • 45 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by brittbrodin
                    Love the idea Kati!! I'm not a cake person myself, so we may do brownies?? I haven't talked specifics with Kelley yet, but Nicole is right, from the pictures I've seen of the other LC brides's cakes...they can do pretty much anything! Just send her a pic of what you envision and they'll make it happen. :)
                    Roberto and I don't really like cake that much, but I never met a brownie I didn't like. Anyway, we asked Nicole if they could just put a brownie out instead of a cake. Since brownies are already part of the dessert buffet, it was included in the package cost. Cha-ching... lucky for us.

Anyway, if you want to have just a brownie, DO IT! It's your day.

Here's a shot of us cutting the brownie...
                    Picasa Web Albums - Sarah Loring - Cutting the B...
                    Roberto and Sarah
                    February 22, 2008

#1310 Duchess

Duchess
                    • 358 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

We decided to have a cake, but we are also having smores around the bonfire! They are providing everything, for $1.50 per person. The smores idea came first, but then I decided I wanted a cake too, so now we have both. The cake is primarily for the cutting tradition, and for anyone who doesnt want to do smores.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users