Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#1051 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

You can get the hurricane candle thingy mabobs (sorry- I'm sooo tired!) for free though!

Click the image to open in full size.
    This table set up was free!
    Happily married since 2008

#1052 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

Thanks everyone for the clarification on the centerpieces! I think they all look good! Although I do really like the idea of being simple with Tara's votive candles...oh decisions, decisions!

#1053 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

IMHO, err on the side of simplicity. you really don't need anything extra w/Caletas!

#1054 Mel

Mel
        • 141 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

Here is my center piece. Really simple and beachy. They didn't cost us anything since Kelley had them use sand from the beach, and I brought the shells, which cost like $5 from Walmart for a pretty large bag. I had thought this up and tried to explain it to Kelley because I hadn't seen any pictures of examples even kind of similar to this. They turned out even better than what I had imagined. I went this route because its simple, doesn't have flowers (I really am not a fan of roses and didn't want to pay for floral centerpieces), and doesn't impede the vision of anyone and there was still plenty of room on the table without feeling cramped.

#1055 Mel

Mel
          • 141 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

I don't think that I ever posted my pro pics. I've had them for a while but had to go through them and upload them onto photobucket since the photog didn't do a website slideshow for us. There are still a ton of pictures, but I swear I cut it done by 2/3! Now the really hard part comes...which ones should we print to hang on the wall and how the heck are we supposed to decide?! There are too many to choose from!

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

#1056 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,490 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

Hey Everyone, when you sent your invitations out...did you/are you going to tell your guests anything about the boat ride? I really do not want to give out any details on LC but I do want my guests to know that there will be a boat ride so nobody is surprised about that. I am working on my pocketfold invites now and I just can't decide what to put in there! Thanks!

#1057 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

We didn't have anything about the boat in our invites, however it is on our website. And we did put Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico as our wedding location on our invites. However, it seems that no one looked it up as none of them have any idea what LC is!

We're sending out a brochure about a month out, and that mentions the boat ride (in case they never read it on the website) and that if people are worried about sea sickness that we will have meds availalbe. But my main thing is I want to make sure the girls know not to wear heals!

#1058 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:05 AM

We are sending out a welcome packet the week of September 21st...in the packet there will be information regarding the boat ride. I also put it on the website.

Holy crap, my LC wedding is coming soon.

#1059 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
                  • 178 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

I'm working on sending out an info packet - hopefully will get them out this week. Will include welcome letter with details (which I downloaded from somewhere from this site to use as my guide), maps and brochures from LC and Vallarta Adventures. Will include info on the boat ride and the potential need for Dramamine if prone to sea sickness.

#1060 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

I sent out a letter about a month prior. I also reminded them to pack in "layers." It gets cold so a sweater is most likely wanted for the boat ride back. A lot of our guests actually packed a second outfit and changed out of their dresses into more comfy stuff. That kind of surprised me but hey- if that's what they want to do, I don't care!
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users