Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:13 PM

i just thought i would start a thread for you gals so you can help each other out with your wedding planning...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:57 PM

Las Caletas Brides - do you know if there is a back up plan in case it rains on the day of the ceremony? I've sent an email to Nicole, but thought I'd check with you too.

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:31 AM

Here is Nicole's response to me about rain ...

Now, in the case that it does rain, we have a few options. During my rainy weddings in October, I gave the bride and groom the option. Usually the bride is in Caletas all day and is able to see the weather progress. I let them know that we have a roof-top area where they will be protected from the rain and where they can have their dry ceremony. Usually, the guests say that they want to have the ceremony and the party on the beach, no matter what, and we simply give everyone umbrellas and work it out as we go along. I know that sounds crazy, but I have been lucky with the couples that I had. Honestly, one bride even insisted on dancing in the rain with her guests and her beautiful dress! I guess people simply want the beach wedding, rain or shine! But, we do have a brand new area that was completed this summer where we will have the event in case of rain. I have attached a few photos of that area with and without wedding set ups - so you can have a better idea of what to expect. It seats 100-120 people on a regular evening, so a wedding with 50 will work well.

#4 marfa75

marfa75
      • 71 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

Ann, you are getting married in June right? Looks like there is an average of 10 wet days in June. Lets hope that includes a little ten minute drizzle. I'm sure you will be fine. Can you post the photo of the rain back up spot Nicole sent you?
        I'm worried Las Caletas is going to get really cold at night, maybe under 60 degrees. Hopefully everyone will be too drunk to be cold.

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:20 AM

I am getting married in June - June 8th - cross your fingers for me! Here are the pictures she sent ... hope it helps!

Click the image to open in full size.
          Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
          Click the image to open in full size.

#6 marfa75

marfa75
          • 71 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:32 PM

It looks so beautiful, I am getting so excited. I have a few random questions for you, maybe you have discussed with Nicole. Do you think a lot of people will get sea sick? Will they need to take attendance on the boat before it leaves the marina?
            We are leaving in 17 days and still no SUIT for my FI. UGH.

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:17 PM

Oh boy - those are good questions. I haven't talked to Nicole about that at all. I did plan on throwing in something for motion sickness in my OOT bags, but haven't done anything beyond just writing the idea down.

Wow - what's he going to do about a suit? I'd be nervous! But really - he could get away with wearing just about anything at the wedding, so you always have a backup.

I cannot wait to hear about your wedding and seeing your pictures! You're getting married a day after my birthday - I'll be thinking about you!

#8 Ali and Jeff

Ali and Jeff
              • 60 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:36 PM

Ahh I am new to this whole forum but needed and area to let my excitment out as we are leaving in 8 days to go to Mexico for our wedding at Las Caletas! I am sure you guys are just as excited and I love reading about all the details on here! Oh and I was just wondering if you guys are getting married on the beach setting or at the Jungle setting and roughly how many people will be attending your wedding? I also noticed on one of the posts about motion sicknesses...when I talked to Nicole about this awhile ago she mentioned that if someone it prone to motion-sickness it is best for them to take a motion sicknesses pill prior to boarding but other than that because its a relatively large boat there shouldn't be too much for other guests to worry about!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

Good to know, thanks for the tip! I am getting married on the beach at Las Caletas - I knew they offered other locations, but not sure I knew about the jungle! That could be a pretty cool setting. Where are you getting married? I should probably have about 50-70 people at my wedding - we added a few to the invite list at the last minute, a good chunk of kids are invited as well. I have soooo many questions for you (what decorations you're doing, your food, your music, YOUR DRESS!, etc.) but I will try to be patient and wait for you to get back.

#10 marfa75

marfa75
                  • 71 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:09 PM

Have you thought about the placemats at all? I already sent them to Nicole so if you think you want them, you maybe can ask her to send you a picture of one. Just let me know before I leave so I know if I should bring them home or leave them there for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users