New Year's Eve Drink

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:30 PM

Mmmmm, I love pomegranate martini's. I saw that on Oprah too. Although I am going to be honest & admitt that 1.5 cups of juice to 2 oz. of alcohol just doesn't work for me, so I reduce the juice quantity :)

#12 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:31 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MsShelley
      liquor is already in the mix like the mudslide mixes? I wasnt to try the pomegranite one too!
      It's a liquid mix. So you put equal parts of the mix in with your own vodka. As the night goes on, you'll notice yourself going with a 1:2 ratio of mix to vodka. Ahhh.... I've acquired many a buzz using that mix with our vodka. :)

#13 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

yummy... ok, off to the grocery store I go...

#14 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
        • 794 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:33 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christa
          Mmmmm, I love pomegranate martini's. I saw that on Oprah too. Although I am going to be honest & admitt that 1.5 cups of juice to 2 oz. of alcohol just doesn't work for me, so I reduce the juice quantity :)
          haha Yes, as the night goes on there is less juice and more vodka or some vodka shots on the side
          HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
          http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#15 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:39 PM

Ugh, you guys are killing me here! It's only 3:30 here...and I'm totally down for a martini.

This whole state controlled liquor store thing here in WA sucks though. Liquor costs way more here than I'm used to paying. A fifth of good vodka is at least $25

#16 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
            • 794 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:49 PM

So sorry Christa, it's 5:45 here and my FI picked up some Crown for us :) We are having a get together tonight! Hope you ladies have a great weekend!
              HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
              http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#17 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
              • VIP Member
              • 2,347 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:50 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Christa
                Ugh, you guys are killing me here! It's only 3:30 here...and I'm totally down for a martini.

This whole state controlled liquor store thing here in WA sucks though. Liquor costs way more here than I'm used to paying. A fifth of good vodka is at least $25
                We have cheaper prices, but we have time & location limitations. We have to drive 20 minutes to Dallas or Addison to buy liquor, and they stop selling after like 9pm or midnight (can't remember which, because we (obviously) start buying & drinking WAYYYY earlier than that! hehe...)

WHY DID I MOVE HERE?!?! God damn dry counties....

#18 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:04 PM

OMG Maria, I was uber shocked to find that there are no liquor sales on Sunday! What the hell with that??

#19 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:17 PM

No liquor on Sundays? How do you guys get through church? hehe...DH used to live in Louisiana and Texas and mentioned buying liquor from bootleggers on Sundays...a throwback to prohibition I guess? CA is cool except you can't buy liquour between 2am and 6am....like buying liquour at 3am is worse than waking up at 6 to drink? Never understood that one!

MsShelley thanks for this thread! We got this beautiful Lenox martini set as a wedding gift and haven't used it yet because we don't really make martinis, but I think I'll be buying that Rose's pomegranate mix and breaking in the set on NYE

#20 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                    • VIP Member
                    • 11,403 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:12 AM

Jami - I know, I was totally shocked about the whole no liquor on Sunday thing. Actually, and this is funny, it took me a good 3 trips to Safeway before it dawned on me that you can't actually buy liquor at grocery stores. I kept thinking I had missed the liquor section. Odd that I would miss it because the entire rest of the store is arranged just like every other Safeway. GRRRR.. Yes, wine & beer are available, but no liquor. And then the thought translated to Costco...how can I not buy premium liquor in large quantities for a great price?? Yeah, well, gotta travel home to Cali for that one.

One of my good friends in the OC has promised to send me a Costco sized bottle of Ketel One for my bday, but that's not till July!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users