Sign in to follow this  
alrager

Meals for vendors????

I wanted to get some advice from you all...who are you supposed to provide a meal forhuh.gif Are you supposed to provide for the photographer or dj or wedding plannerhuh.gif? What did you all dohuh.gif

Amy R.

you should definitely offer and let them decide what they want to do...

i still feel like such a schmuck for not offering...i just assumed that they would know they were invited to eat.

so ask each vendor what they prefer.

I asked the wedding coordinator, photog and assistant, DJ, and videographer if they wanted meals and if they had any food allergies or preferences. They all accepted and were very appriciative.

Our food was buffet style so when I noticed the photog/minister/boat captain/etc. sitting off to the side while we ate I invited them to come make a plate and they did. They were very appreciative as well but would not have asked if it wasn't offered.

Also, our location was restricted with no other food options or way to leave, so they were there as long as we were and deserved to eat. BUT, If I were paying $100+ a plate and the vendor was only there for 2-3 hours or something I may not offer it. Not sure what protocol is on that....

Yeah - I didn't give meals to the mariachi band or the judge bc they were only there for an hour. Basically I gave meals to those who were there for more than 4 hours. Make sure you consider when the vendor actually arrives too. We booked the DJ from 5:30 to 10:30 but he was there setting up at 3 and never left. Same with the video people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
Yeah - I didn't give meals to the mariachi band or the judge bc they were only there for an hour. Basically I gave meals to those who were there for more than 4 hours. Make sure you consider when the vendor actually arrives too. We booked the DJ from 5:30 to 10:30 but he was there setting up at 3 and never left. Same with the video people.
My WC told me the same thing - meals for vendors who will be there longer than 4 hours.

Thank you all for the advice. So if I am having buffet style...I should ask them before the event if they want a mealhuh.gif Also...if I am having open bar...I don't have to offer them that righthuh.gif What about the hotel wedding planner...I do I have to offer them a meal...won't they get one free from the hotelhuh.gif

Amy R.

I asked up front for their (photographer and WC--we didn't have a DJ and used our ipod) meal selections and provided non-alcoholic drinks. About the hotel WC, we counted her in, but she kindly refused and said she could just eat for free from the kitchen, so perhaps offer and see what they say?