Photo

Meals for vendors????

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 alrager

alrager
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:38 PM

I wanted to get some advice from you all...who are you supposed to provide a meal for Are you supposed to provide for the photographer or dj or wedding planner? What did you all do

Amy R.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

you should definitely offer and let them decide what they want to do...

i still feel like such a schmuck for not offering...i just assumed that they would know they were invited to eat.

so ask each vendor what they prefer.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

I asked the wedding coordinator, photog and assistant, DJ, and videographer if they wanted meals and if they had any food allergies or preferences. They all accepted and were very appriciative.

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:03 PM

Our food was buffet style so when I noticed the photog/minister/boat captain/etc. sitting off to the side while we ate I invited them to come make a plate and they did. They were very appreciative as well but would not have asked if it wasn't offered.

Also, our location was restricted with no other food options or way to leave, so they were there as long as we were and deserved to eat. BUT, If I were paying $100+ a plate and the vendor was only there for 2-3 hours or something I may not offer it. Not sure what protocol is on that....

#5 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:10 PM

Yeah - I didn't give meals to the mariachi band or the judge bc they were only there for an hour. Basically I gave meals to those who were there for more than 4 hours. Make sure you consider when the vendor actually arrives too. We booked the DJ from 5:30 to 10:30 but he was there setting up at 3 and never left. Same with the video people.

#6 NYJen

NYJen
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LALA
            Yeah - I didn't give meals to the mariachi band or the judge bc they were only there for an hour. Basically I gave meals to those who were there for more than 4 hours. Make sure you consider when the vendor actually arrives too. We booked the DJ from 5:30 to 10:30 but he was there setting up at 3 and never left. Same with the video people.
            My WC told me the same thing - meals for vendors who will be there longer than 4 hours.

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:12 AM

That sounds about right to me.

#8 alrager

alrager
              • 37 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:36 PM

Thank you all for the advice. So if I am having buffet style...I should ask them before the event if they want a meal Also...if I am having open bar...I don't have to offer them that right What about the hotel wedding planner...I do I have to offer them a meal...won't they get one free from the hotel

Amy R.

#9 hls140

hls140
                • 102 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

I asked up front for their (photographer and WC--we didn't have a DJ and used our ipod) meal selections and provided non-alcoholic drinks. About the hotel WC, we counted her in, but she kindly refused and said she could just eat for free from the kitchen, so perhaps offer and see what they say?

#10 alrager

alrager
                  • 37 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

Thank you all for your advice...I really appreciate all the help.

Amy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users