• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by host
    i think she is figuring $10 per person with 2-3 people sharing a cab...$20-30 will get you most places...
    ah ha! i misunderstood
    Jen & Aaron
    January 13, 2007

#12 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
    • 631 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by marfa75
      since a shuttle was 12 bucks per person, instead I am putting a little envelope of pesos in each welcome basket. It will be about 10 american dollars. And I will have a picture of a cab on the envelope and it will say something like, here are a few pesos for cab fare, good night : )
      Do you guys think that is tacky or totally unneccessary? Its sooo much cheaper than a shuttle because a cab ride would be 10 bucks TOPS for like 4 people instead of 12 bucks for each person

now that is a good idea....i called my hotel yesterday to inquire about shuttle service to the beach. the guy is looking into for me. if they have it i am definitely do that....

#13 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by gkashmira
        I think it's a courtesy but not required. We are debating right now about doing the same thing for our rehearsal dinner. The other thing is we don't know how many people will actually stay at the hotel - so it's hard to know if we'll even need a bus!
        Exactly my problem! We know one couple is staying in Cabo San Lucas, and one is staying near to our hotel, but beyond that ?? I would like to arrange for appropriate transportation to our Rehearsal dinner & home from our reception. Sounds like we'll have to do a last minute thing

#14 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:35 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
        Exactly my problem! We know one couple is staying in Cabo San Lucas, and one is staying near to our hotel, but beyond that ?? I would like to arrange for appropriate transportation to our Rehearsal dinner & home from our reception. Sounds like we'll have to do a last minute thing
        i think if people choose to stay at another resort then transportation is on them...just my opnion..

i meant if they were staying at the resort with you.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#15 KARLA

KARLA
        • 373 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:50 PM

We provided transportation the day of the wedding, but I think it was considered just something nice to do. I don't think guests *expected* it.

We had people staying at other hotels and all we did was put pickup time and place at the PBR (The hotel we stayed at and recommended everybody to stay at.) We just left it up to the guests staying at other hotels to either get to the wedding by themselves, or come to the PBR to catch the shuttle for transportation.

#16 helen9

helen9
          • 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

not a must do but if you can afford it, it would be a nice touch. hopefully all our guests are staying at the resort so won't have this problem.

#17 schmizer

schmizer
            • 213 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:33 AM

Our reception is a 10 minute drive from our resort where our ceremony will be.  I debated this question as well, because most of our guests will have rental cars.  I think we are going to bite the bullet and rent a bus.  Our luau reception is bar included (unlimited) and I don't want my guests drinking and driving.  It is really expensive though!

#18 Jandro

Jandro
              • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

I rent a sprinter for my guests transportation. Cancun Transfers have an Excellent service!! and good prices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users