Photo

Privete or hotel Receptions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

I want to still have my first dance and my daddy daughter dance. is that possible when having your reception dinner though the hotel like the ones you get in your package. Is hosting you own privete reception a lot more expensive and can you have it on the hotel poperty. sorry my spelling is horrible!

if you have had either of these i would love to hear about them!!!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:50 PM

most of the larger resorts will do private events for an additional fee. the prices will vary depending on what resort it is and what type of event you want. you should contact the wedding coordinator or event coordinator to get the details and prices.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
    • 371 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:03 PM

Thank you! I emailed the hotel but now i am playing the waiting game!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cole5worm
      Thank you! I emailed the hotel but now i am playing the waiting game!
      they can definitely be slow responding...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
      • 371 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:42 PM

Tell me about it.. it's driving me nuts.. i have 6 months before the wedding and i would love to not have to worry if my space is available! Oh well..

#6 hls140

hls140
        • 102 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

Hi there, we got married at the Sheraton Buganvilias in Puerto Vallarta, so it was through the hotel on the hotel property and the reception felt very private, and we had a father daughter dance--even had some fireworks (not planned, but went off in the background for someone else). It was very special and totally possible if you were to choose the sheraton (I loved it there and so did our guests) or a similar site where the hotel coordinator could provide details on the site, privacy, etc.

#7 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:33 PM

At our resort (not in PV) we have numerous options. We can have a dinner at any of the restaurants for no extra cost -- but it's not "private". Anything "private" requires an additional cost b/c they have staff focused solely on you and your guests.

#8 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
            • 371 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:18 PM

Thank you! I think I want Private! Hopefully the WC will Email me back! Ahh

#9 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

Hi,

We are getting married at the RIU Vallarta. We are having our dinner at the resort, (which is included in everyone's cost) and are renting out the pool bar which has a patio area that is covered by a pergola. There are chairs and tables, and we rented out the sound system as well. We are going to do all of our dances, cake cutting, etc. there so that we still have some privacy.

Our WC said we could reserve a section of the restaurant for our party while we had dinner so that everyone could eat together. The pool bar is closed to the public in the evening, so we are renting it out for our private party.

Good luck!
                Celina
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#10 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
                • 371 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:34 PM

That sounds like a great idea! I wish i could still have the wedding at the RIU Vallarta but i am trying to accomidate everyones budget... but that is a great idea about renting out an area for the extra stuff!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users