Photo

In memory of Dad Poem

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#11 Jackie

Jackie
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:00 PM

Thanks Kristina, Its nice to see you on the forum. We have missed you!
    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#12 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

Jackie the poem is beautiful. Thought I'd share this idea about the fans, I went to a wedding in philly a few months ago and they had fans set out on the chairs for us, but they had made the fans. She used very heavy paper, I think it was probably card stock, and she used her wedding colors, but a darker shade and a lighter shade alternating, and tied a ribbon at the bottom to hold them together. I think there was maybe 6 fan blades I guess you'd call them, a couple inches wide, and the fan was like a program. One blade listed the people in the wedding, one blade thanked everyone for coming, I think one may have had a poem on it. I wish I saved mine, I'd send it to you, they were soooo pretty and my description probably is so not understandable.

#13 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:05 PM

Jackie, that is a beautiful poem. It brought tears to my eyes! I think putting it in the program is a great idea.

#14 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:19 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jilly76
          Jackie the poem is beautiful. Thought I'd share this idea about the fans, I went to a wedding in philly a few months ago and they had fans set out on the chairs for us, but they had made the fans. She used very heavy paper, I think it was probably card stock, and she used her wedding colors, but a darker shade and a lighter shade alternating, and tied a ribbon at the bottom to hold them together. I think there was maybe 6 fan blades I guess you'd call them, a couple inches wide, and the fan was like a program. One blade listed the people in the wedding, one blade thanked everyone for coming, I think one may have had a poem on it. I wish I saved mine, I'd send it to you, they were soooo pretty and my description probably is so not understandable.
          What a great idea, and it would save money. Oh boy I'm gonna have to learn how to be creative. I'll have to start really looking into it once school is over. Thanks

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
          Jackie, that is a beautiful poem. It brought tears to my eyes! I think putting it in the program is a great idea.
          Thanks sarah, it really moved me when I read it to. Brings back a lot of happy thoughts.

#15 marfa75

marfa75
          • 71 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:46 AM

That poem is really beautiful. My dad passed away too and I have been thinking of ways to honor him without bringing everyone down. You could have a table off to the side of the ceremony with a frame picture of your dad and then another frame next to it with that poem. You can also keep one chair empty and put a single rose on it.

#16 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:14 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by marfa75
              That poem is really beautiful. My dad passed away too and I have been thinking of ways to honor him without bringing everyone down. You could have a table off to the side of the ceremony with a frame picture of your dad and then another frame next to it with that poem. You can also keep one chair empty and put a single rose on it.

Those are both some good ideas. But exactly, you want to be able to incorporate something that wont change the mood of the guests. Any of these ideas would work. Thanks

#17 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:14 AM

To be honest Jackie, I think if anyone sees a table to the side, or a poem is read or a empty chair with a rose. I think it's going to make people sad. BUT, look at it this way, at your Ceremony they are going to cry anyway listening to you guys exchange your vows, so why not honor your Dad with a reading.. at that time?

#18 Jackie

Jackie
                • 2,290 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:23 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TAMMYM
                  To be honest Jackie, I think if anyone sees a table to the side, or a poem is read or a empty chair with a rose. I think it's going to make people sad. BUT, look at it this way, at your Ceremony they are going to cry anyway listening to you guys exchange your vows, so why not honor your Dad with a reading.. at that time?
                  Good point Tammy, I kinda really like the make your own fan programs. The only problem is they could go either way. They could look really cheesy like a 3 year old put them together or they could look really classy and profesionally done. I am going to have to start practicing and experimenting once school is out. I am NO martha stewart, that is for sure.

#19 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:12 AM

Hmmm I'll see if I can find anything online or on the Knot that might show you how to make them. I'm sure they will be fairly simple if explained right.

#20 Jackie

Jackie
                    • 2,290 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:19 AM

Thanks Tammy, I'm actually heading off to work a double today and have no time to look, that would be so cool if actually found something. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users