Photo

Paradisus Playa Conchal

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#71 Soon-to-be-Mrs.D

Soon-to-be-Mrs.D
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hello All!  I'm currently planning a wedding in Turks and Caicos, but we are looking into having our honey moon in Costa Rica in March 2011.  We plan on going to two differet parts of the country but are having trouble with picking hotels to stay at.  In the Arenal volcano region we were thinking either the Springs Resort or the Tabacon.  For the beach, we were thinking Paradisus Playa Conchal OR the Four Seasons.  Does anyone have any info on any of these?  My travel agent did inform us that Paradisus was changing ownership and that it probably wouldn't be the best time to go there.  I've heard you can't beat the Four Seasons, but I'm nervous about lots of corporate events and families being there.  Our wedding is March 19, but we were thinking of maybe postponing the honeymoon til April in hopes that some of the room rates might come down since it won't really be peak season anymore - does any one know if rates even go down in April?  If not, we'll probably just fly right from T&C. Thanks for your help!

#72 Burtone

Burtone
    • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

I am having the same problem.  I wanted it at the PPC, and all we had left to do is put the money down, but then no one would call us or email us back.  We found out through the grapevine that they sold the hotel.  Does anyone know how to get a hold of the Westin?  I have tried calling them twice, the generic line, but they said they have no idea when it will be open.  

We are looking at the Hilton as well. I've never been there.  Is is better than PPC?  We have been there twice!

#73 remdog

remdog
      • 81 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:15 AM

Hi Burton

If you actually got the Westin to admit they are taking over the hotel that's two steps ahead of me. I've emailed Starwood resorts and each time they say " We don't know what your talking about". The good news is that Im going down there on Saturday staying at the Paradisus. I will get as much information as I can and share it when we get home.

You said you've stayed at the Hilton? What did you think of the resort? I wonder since I think that might be my plan b. Andrea who is the wc at the Hilton was wonderful. I sent him an email and within hours he had a reply back to me. Lucia took about a week. I know they are super busy down there but it was nice to get such a quick reply.

When is your wedding going to be? That way I can ask Lucia if there will be anything different from the time of mine and yours?

Congrats and welcome.

#74 Burtone

Burtone
        • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

Thanks so much!  We want to get married this June. We are looking at June 10th or June 11th, 2011. 

We have never been to the Hilton, but we have heard good things.  

Please let me know what they say.  I'm about to book a flight myself!

#75 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
          • 223 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

Just an FYI I wanted to share. Managers in charge of events and weddings will be staying with the hotel (Westin), they are concerned about clients like you. They are waiting on word of this whole transition in order to give you correct response. As soon as they know you will know. We were just in their offices on fri/sat.

#76 remdog

remdog
            • 81 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:25 AM

Thanks for the update. That's really good news. Do you know if Lucia will also be staying on staff?

#77 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
              • 223 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

The Events, Sales and Wedding Manager, a very professional person BTW, I believe is planning on keeping her staff. We promise to keep you updated on everything.

#78 jiffer

jiffer
                • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

Looks like the Westin will keep it all-inclusive resort when the change takes place in May

http://eon.businessw...-America-Resort 

#79 jiffer

jiffer
                  • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

Look s like the Westin will keep it as all-inclusive

http://eon.businessw...-America-Resort

#80 jiffer

jiffer
                    • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

Found out the resort will be taking over by the Westin and it will remain all-inclusive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users