Paradisus Playa Conchal

FutureMrs.L

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

We haven't picked our destination yet and as our first trip was to Costa Rica and is is very special to us we are looking into the Paradisus for our wedding. I have heard nothing but good for this resort and Costa Rica is truly a jem!!! You can check out resort reviews at Caribbean and Mexico Travel & Resort Reviews - Debbie's Caribbean Resort Reviews or Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor. I would be interested to hear from others who have gotten married there. Good luck!!!

• 4 weeks later...

For those getting married there, how many guests are you expecting? I have yet to send out invites but am thinking I'll have 90-130 guests and am trying to find a good place for a large group that is still in a location where we can appreciate the beauty of the country.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm also looking at Paradisus and the reviews I've got are mixed. I heard you have to drive 10 mins to get to a nice part of the beach to have the ceremony at. I also heard it is great for large parties, like me, 80-100 guests. They charge extra to have the tree line garden area over looking the beach for the ceremony. The trees ruin the view of the ocean, they're not palm trees, and aren't great for pictures. I really wanted a garden ceremony looking at the ocean un-obstructed, but its so hard to find, with a big guest list.

I also looked into all-inclusive villas, but my FI and I decided we would rather have all the guests staying in one place to spend more time together and have a more upbeat environment, since people can be too 'at home' at the villas.

To have the actual ceremony and reception at Paradisus is getting close to $12,000 for 100 guests. Another option I'm looking into is moving the reception to a nearby restaurant or something, but I think it might be the same costs.

We're waiting for our TA to get back to us on air/room packages to make a decision because we really need to have a date SOO00nnnn~

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my wedding at Paradisus Playa Conchal in Costa Rica, and it was more than anything I could have wanted. The beach is beautiful for miles. We were upgraded to an ocean front suite, and we paid for the royal service, which was truly great. You have your own butler, and they are fabulous! They drew hot baths filled with flowers, picked us up personally, knocked on the door for wakeup calls, and made reservations and suggestions for the resturants. The service, the facility and the location were wonderful! If I could do it all again, I woudn't change a thing.

As far as the wedding coordinator, I can't say enough. Paola Martinez, she hand delivered all of my gift bags to each guests rooms, and answered the phone each time I called, and any request I made was never turned down. She was more than amazing.

I hired Costa Rica Weddings for my photographer, and Fernando was just as great. He handled the guests wonderfully! We got some wonderful pictures, and I can't wait to see his. He was there exactly when he said he would be, and stayed through the cocktail/hor'dourve party. He was great, I would highly recommend him. His website is:

Costa Rica weddings, getting married in Costa Rica, Costa Rica wedding photography, destination weddings

I have pictures on my website under the photo gallery. Enjoy and good luck!

Colby & Rob - wedding website by mywedding.com

Hi,

Thanks for the links! I'm looking into getting married at the Paradisus and was wondering if you found it to be expensive. I was looking at some of the royal suites and they were $1060 a night. I want to make sure the resort is affordable for my guests. I haven't requested any info yet so maybe they'll give me a group discount for the hotel rooms. I'm trying not to go over $10K.

• 2 weeks later...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what my travel agent quoted me when I was looking for a spot to get married in CR. Good luck. I have a friend that attended a wedding at Paradisus and he said the hotel was beautiful. When I sent them an email inquiring about the wedding package, it took them three months to respond and they didn't send me the information I requested either so I changed my mind.

All inclusive hotels-prices are total for 2 adults, including hotel, hotel taxes, all meals, drinks, and water sports that the hotel offers. Prices below are for 7night stay.

Occidental Grand Papagayo $1520

Paradisus Playa Conchal $2280smile03.gif