Paradisus Playa Conchal

FutureMrs.L

Sorry Ask Costa Rica I didn't realize you were part of El Velo Photography.  After going back and looking at all of the pictures it finally clicked.

I looked up your June special which looks like a great package is that also for 2011? If you could also send me a price list that would be great paulaellis2@mac.com. Not that I would need anything more that what the package has to offer.   I really think that the person I wanted is going to be out of my price range with travel expenses. Your pictures are beautiful and  look like  what I'm looking for  "capture the moment not pose the moment".  I was also considering doing a trash the dress.  Is this something that you do?    I think some of the best wedding photos come from that kind of setting.  Besides I'm never going to wear it again I might as well get the most out of it.

You guys aren't just Photographers at El Velo it seems your also great Costa Rica wedding advisors.  Thank you for all of your help and I look forward to hearing from you.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello remdog,

Just wanted to add our two cents....

For reception, outdoors or indoors, you don't have to set anything in stone yet. June is the beginning of the rainy season but we have seen a lot of brides make the final call the day of. So, tell Lucia you want it outside with a Plan B in Gavit (or your other choices). It is easy to see what the weather will do once you are there. Lucia will also be able to tell you on your wedding day, we will keep our fingers crossed for you!

There might be a fee to have the restaurant (pretty sure). We have had brides that had dinner at the restaurant and then went to the disco for dancing, they had their first dance at sunset on the sand, Tamara & Jonathan (photo with names just under it where she is smiling:

http://elvelophotography.bigfolioblog.com/month/apr08

Give Lucia about a week for your questions. Make questions with answers as options. Something like this: "I would like to have my wedding at the beach and then reception poolside. If it rains we could have a plan B for Gavi or events center, right? Give me the costing for all three. Try and knock out a lot of questions with one email.

Megan,

Thought we would give you some visuals on several locations at PPC:

Outside of the events center (tables were set up in the entrance hallway - not bad at all):

http://web.me.com/crwphotographystudio/CRW_&_El_Velo_Client_Websites/shelly_%26_sidney.html

Inside the events center:

http://web.me.com/crwphotographystudio/CRW_&_El_Velo_Client_Websites/amanda_%26_kyle.html

Caracola open Rancho:

http://web.me.com/crwphotographystudio/CRW_&_El_Velo_Client_Websites/candace_%26_mike.html

Inside the restaurant (a/c) at Reserva Conchal Beach Club:

http://web.me.com/crwphotographystudio/CRW_&_El_Velo_Client_Websites/marsha_%26_robert.html

Outside the restaurant at Reserva Conchal - Beach Club:

http://web.me.com/crwphotographystudio/CRW_&_El_Velo_Client_Websites/chelsea_%26_lance.html

Poolside at the Reserva Conchal Beach Club:

http://web.me.com/crwphotographystudio/CRW_&_El_Velo_Client_Websites/colleen_%26_leo.html

Sorry Ask Costa Rica I didn't realize you were part of El Velo Photography.  After going back and looking at all of the pictures it finally clicked.

I looked up your June special which looks like a great package is that also for 2011? If you could also send me a price list that would be great paulaellis2@mac.com. Not that I would need anything more that what the package has to offer.   I really think that the person I wanted is going to be out of my price range with travel expenses. Your pictures are beautiful and  look like  what I'm looking for  "capture the moment not pose the moment".  I was also considering doing a trash the dress.  Is this something that you do?    I think some of the best wedding photos come from that kind of setting.  Besides I'm never going to wear it again I might as well get the most out of it.

You guys aren't just Photographers at El Velo it seems your also great Costa Rica wedding advisors.  Thank you for all of your help and I look forward to hearing from you.

Remdog,

We dont want to give the feeling that we are pushing a sale just because we are a photography outfit. We want everyone to have as much info as possible, and having it handy, we share it and try and give a clear picture of what your wedding location, beach, etc. will be like. Thank you for your comments.

Correct June Specila will work for 2011.

When we first started with PPC, we started as CRW Photography Studio. We have evolved into El Velo (but keep CRW online). PPC has the packages of CRW (they are so busy, it is hard to get them to change and add new things we have) but it would just be a matter of telling Lucia the Special (which exists only in EVelo to apply). We can sort it out. We can contact Lucia with your choice.

We definitely would do a trash the dress session, here is the most recent one we did (towards the end of the photo set - page two):

http://web.me.com/crwphotographystudio/CRW_&_El_Velo_Client_Websites/shana_%26_jason.html

This is our other website, Elopements in Costa Rica -scroll down to Crystal & Paul:

http://elopementscr.bigfolioblog.com/

Ask Costa Rica I didn't think you were being pushy.  I truly love how willing you are to share your vast knowledge and insight with us.  It's been a huge help already and I'm sure as my planning continues I'm going to tap into that I few more times.  When I was looking into Mexico and the Dominican those forums are filled with brides who are sharing the few bits of information that they get from the WC or have brides that are going down check into things for them.  We are lucky to have an expert who's down there and goes to more wedding than anyone else.  What more could you ask for.  After I get my date confirmed with Lucia, should I let you know on here or fill out the form on your web site.  My first pick of dates is going to be June 22,2011.  If that's booked already then I'll do what ever date she has that week.  I would like to do the trash the dress.  I loved those pictures you put the links up for.  Ours might be something new for you because I would like FI's 7 year old to be in some of ttd pictures.  I think it will be great to have the 3 of us playing in the ocean in our wedding clothes. 

Megan, I love the date.  It did make me laugh a little though.  Only because of why you picked the date.  I chose our date because P and I both have birthdays around xmas and I wanted to get gifts in the middle of the year to.  I thought I'm not the only one who picks the date for the biggest day of her life around gifts.  lol.

Today I got an email from the US rep.  it was a very nice email but didn't have any information that I hadn't already read on the web site.  I was surprised by the price of the Aqua package.  I thought I had read on the web site if was $3850 ish, but on the one she sent me today it said $5000.  Of course I went back to look at the web site and couldn't find it again.  

So here is my ring story.

P and I have talked about getting married since last year but $ was tough and we couldn't afford it.  I had been research countries for over a year ( Mexico and Dominican Republic.)  Last week I said we have the money now and I want a June 2011 wedding.  He said ok how about Costa Rica.  "Welllll, I haven't really looked into going there but I can".  Ahh many wasted hours looking at those other place.  Oh well.  Costa Rica I will look.  At first I was really excited, then I found out about rainy season in June, nope we cant go there.  But feeling bad because he really isn't the wedding planning type I though if that's the only thing he's going to ask for I really should look into it a little more.  Plus as we've discussed he's a busy body.  Those other places really wouldn't have worked.  Then I found out rainy season in June is really only 1-2 hours of rain per day and that isn't bad.   Now the ring, so a few days after the first conversation I was at work and found this great ring that I love.  After the sale price and my associate discount it was going to be a great price.  So I came home and said I found this ring blah blah blah and he said well then go buy it.  The sale doesn't start till tomorrow so I've had to wait a week before I can even buy it.  Then it has to go out and get sized.  I did tell him that once we got the ring he did have to actually ask me to marry him. lol  I never do things the normal way.  So really I'm not engaged yet.  LOL  He did ask his 7 year old son to be his best man though.  After he explained what a best man was.  I'll let you know when I actually get engaged.  We are going to the Dominican at the end of Oct so I'm not sure if he's going to ask before we go or while we're there.    The first question after you tell everyone you got engaged they ask oh when is the wedding?  I want to be able to say June 22, 2011, Costa Rica, here is the information for the TA.   We did tell a few people only because I couldn't keep it a secret but most wont know till after I get my ring.   So that is where my ring is.  At the darn store with my name on it. 

You said that you had a few people who weren't staying at the resort what is the name of the hotel the others will stay at?  I have someone already who isn't going to be able to afford staying at the Paradisus but still wants to be down there for the wedding.Plus she was going to be one of my bridesmaids.  Is the other hotel close? and is it less expensive?  I thought I read some place there is one close but it's not an AI which I think is fine.  Look only one question tonight I think that's a record.  

Today I changed our October vacation from Punta Cana to Costa Rica.  It was the last day to make changes on our reservation and all I can think about is Costa Rica so I thought why not just change the entire trip.  So I did.   We will be staying at the Allegro Papagayo it was $1000 cheaper than Paradisus  but I thought at least we would be able to see the area.   The best part is I'm not going to tell P till we get to the airport.  Won't he be surprised.  I love surprises now I just hope I can keep it.  I'm so excited this will be a tough one.  

Hi remdog!  Lol...I picked out my ring as well and James tried to be all sneaky about it but I knew when he was going to pick it up and really didn't suprise me to much.  He did give me a bracelet first....and my first thought was..."where the hell is my damn ring?!" and then he whipped out the engagement ring so I give him credit for tricking me a little bit.  Glad to hear you found the ring that you want! :)  That is so cute your FI asked his son to be his best man, your pictures are going to be awesome!!

We do have 9 people that are renting a house about 5 mins away from the Paradisus...they found a pretty good deal and are not big drinkers so could not justify going to an all inclusive.  The house that they are renting really is beautiful and I am sure they will have a good time.

That's great you changed your location!  I am jealous....I want to go too!!  He will certainly be shocked if you can keep it a secret! 

As for the pricing that was given to you.....their pricing seemed weird to me and that's why I contacted Lucia from then on and it was definately not $5000 for the aqua package!! Ouch....

Remdog,

Just wanted to give you an FYI.

Allegro Papagayo has some strange rules. We think it is entirely to benefit them ($$) regardless of what the client requests. We had a couple of clients that hired us for their wedding, everything booked and ready. When we arrived for the second time, the GM refused our entrance and told the client they had to use their in-staff photographer (not what you see on their site-model shots). Among photographer community, we have heard of this several times with different outfits. There were harsh exchange of words with bride (some yelling) until we were granted entrance (wedding day). We can only think that it is a situation like Sandals where you see beautiful conceptual photography but what you get is a very different end product (saw it first hand, bride crying and all. I did a quick session for them after seeing what had happened. It is in our blog, Hannah & Jason: http://elvelophotography.bigfolioblog.com/month/dec07. Anyways. the hotel capitalizes over this revenue by controlling all aspects of the wedding. I would double check with the hotel and mention the name of the outfit you choose to make sure you have a green light with this. Officiates they use are not that romantic either. Dry, technical ceremony, check on that as well. We have great relationships with EVERY hotel you can think of in this country, we provide them with audio-visual material to help promote this wonderful industry. We just don't get them.