• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#71 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
  • 985 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:31 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
    We'd both been wanting the mixer. He was dying to give it to me early too, because I spent 4 days baking the desserts for his family's Christmas Eve celebration. The entire time, I kept cussing out the crappy little handheld mixer and hoping it wouldn't die because the motor in it kept "screaming"...
    I very nearly bought myself a kitchenaid mixer the week before Christmas. I make lots of cookies every year to give to all my friends at this time of year and once again I burned out the motor of the hand mixer I had. I just couldn't justify the $400 price tag (in Costco) so I bought another $30 hand mixer. I figured I could buy a new one each year for the next 10 years!

I know at some point I just have to bite the bullet and buy one, but I just couldn't do it at this time :)

#72 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
    • 815 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:55 AM

My FI got me a little shiatsu massager. It is great. My neck always hurts...and I'm sure he is tired of doing all the work.
      http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
      Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
      Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#73 MelissaH

MelissaH
      • 1,724 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:36 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Helen_S81
        I very nearly bought myself a kitchenaid mixer the week before Christmas. I make lots of cookies every year to give to all my friends at this time of year and once again I burned out the motor of the hand mixer I had. I just couldn't justify the $400 price tag (in Costco) so I bought another $30 hand mixer. I figured I could buy a new one each year for the next 10 years!

I know at some point I just have to bite the bullet and buy one, but I just couldn't do it at this time :)

Helen - do you live in Ontario? You NEED one of these mixers...and I know where you can get one cheap LOL
        The place my mom got mine gives us some pretty decent discounts because we work for the police. So think it over

#74 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
        • 985 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

Yes Melissa, I am in Ontario. North of Toronto.

My husband tells me that he bought some a few years (3+) ago from a factory outlet somewhere, he can't remember where, which have been used all day, everyday, since he got them, to mix ink!

I know I need one!

#75 MelissaH

MelissaH
          • 1,724 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

If you want I can find out how much my mom paid for it and pick one up for you? I work in Brampton & am in Toronto quite a bit...

#76 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:53 AM

They have the kitchenaid mixers for much less on amazon every so often. I think I've seen them for less than $300. maybe even $250.

#77 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
              • 679 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:40 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sarah
                From Jeff: A GPS (woohoo!), a heated mattress pad (yes!), a couple movies, 8 PSP games, Fox racing sweatshirt, hoodie, t-shirt and hat (love Fox Girls clothing), some candy/socks/misc stocking stuff
                I get in so much trouble when I put on FI's Fox T-shirts. My dad is the Thor rep for our area, and everytime he sees someone with Fox clothing, he takes it away and changes it out for Thor stuff. It's crazy! FI used to have a Fox head in the house, and he had to take it down everytime my parents came over. I still think that Fox has cuter stuff though.
                Brittney & Peter
                July 12, 2008
                Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users