Christmas presents....

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#51 PaulaV

PaulaV
  • VIP Member
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:15 PM

Well, it was the first Christmas without my parents and sister, so it didn't feel like Christmas for me.
    We will see each other in Mexico in a month though. I was glad to have one of my sisters with me on Christmas Eve.

Since our wedding is so close, we decided not to give each other presents and we were only buying for FI's niece and nephews.
    My parents and sister sent me some things, small items since we are are spending $ to go to Mexico.

I received lot of thoughtful goodies, but these were my two favourite items:

A Frida Kahlo day planner for 2008 from my MOH.
    So many interesting paintings every other page in the planner.

My FI gave me a guitar! I mentioned it in passing that I wanted one when I heard a song I used to play called Romanza.
    He actually bought me one! I have not played in 18 years, but it brought tears to my eyes. I used to play my little heart out.

#52 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:57 PM

Let's see... I also prefer to list what I gave, rather than what I got (although I did get some nice stuff so I'll list that too!).

For DH:
      Craftsman tool chest for the garage
      Johnny Walker Black (Jaime, our men have good taste!)
      Misc. stocking stuff

For Dad:
      Meat Grinder & Time-lapse camera for hunting

For Mom:
      Robe
      George Foreman Grill (I didn't think that there were still people that didn't own one of these!)

For MIL:
      Carved Cherry plant stand
      Candlesticks
      Hand-blown vase

For Step-FIL:
      MSU "Scoreboard" that shows time.date.temp for their bar room

For FIL:
      Emergency radios
      Robe & PJs
      Gourmet coffee

For SIL, BIL, & 4 nephews:
      Robe & gloves for the BIL.SIL, then a crapload of toys for the boys

For my Bro, SIL & Niece,
      I shipped a 40lb box full of toys for Ava. She got a princess tent, tons of dress up clothes, purses, play jewelry, dolls, stuffed animals and clothes. She's spoiled :) It's my fault :) It's just my first Christmas away from my brother (he's stationed in kansas now) so I went a little overboard.

My BFF & her DH/Kids:
      BFF got a photo book (made by me) of her recent trip to Italy for their 5th anniversary- it turned out awesome if I do say so myself!
      Her DH: Humidor
      Her kids: a ton of toys

I got...

From Jeff: A GPS (woohoo!), a heated mattress pad (yes!), a couple movies, 8 PSP games, Fox racing sweatshirt, hoodie, t-shirt and hat (love Fox Girls clothing), some candy/socks/misc stocking stuff
      From bro: A gorgeous 1st christmas ornament
      From MIL & Step FIL: A PSP (Woohoo!), slippers, tons of stocking stuff, and some $$
      From BFF: A ginormous gift basket with chocolates and gourmet wine/foods/coffee...yummy

We still have to do Christmas with my parents, jeff's sis, jeff's dad & my grandma. That will be this weekend :)

#53 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:03 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sarah

From Jeff: A GPS (woohoo!), a heated mattress pad (yes!), a couple movies, 8 PSP games, Fox racing sweatshirt, hoodie, t-shirt and hat (love Fox Girls clothing), some candy/socks/misc stocking stuff
        We have a heated matress pad... it's wonderful thing!
        We can each control our own side.

#54 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

Oh, Paula, Matt and I just bought one of them also! Best buy ever!

#55 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by PaulaV
            We have a heated matress pad... it's wonderful thing!
            We can each control our own side.
            Mine is actually for our second spare bedroom, where I sleep when I'm working nights. It's a little twin bed that's one of those half-waterbeds, and it's over our garage so it's always FREEZING! I used it Christmas day and it was soooo warm and cozy. I don't know how I survived without it!

#56 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PaulaV
              My FI gave me a guitar! I mentioned it in passing that I wanted one when I heard a song I used to play called Romanza.
              He actually bought me one! I have not played in 18 years, but it brought tears to my eyes. I used to play my little heart out.
              Aww that's the sweetest, love that gift! I bet you'll find comfort in playing again, Paula. How fun!

We just got a bunch of wedding presents and moved into a new place, so we agreed to not do gifts.....but we still got each other clothes and shoes because something had to go under the tree. Nice and simple this time around :P

#57 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
              • 490 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:15 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MoWife
                I got a pretty pink Schwinn Beach Cruiser!!

May seem like an odd gift for a 28 year old woman so here's the background: We rented a house in Ocean City, NJ for two weeks this summer. My daughter is really excited and she said she wanted Tim and I to get bikes so we could all ride together on the boardwalk. I was shopping in Target one day a few months ago and saw this fabulous sparkly pink beach cruiser bike. I took a pic of it and sent it to Tim and said this is what I will be riding down the shore! So Christmas morning my daughter was opening all of her presents and we got her a basketball net that was set up outside so I went running out with her to catch a picture of her when she saw her b-ball hoop and there was my pretty bike. I was so excited, I felt like a kid again getting a bike on Christmas morning!

Click the image to open in full size.
                I got a Schwinn Beach cruiser too for Xmas!! I love it.

#58 starfish kate

starfish kate
                • 455 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:48 AM

Mike and I said that we weren't going to do much for Christmas this year, and we pretty much stuck to it. Here's what I got from him:

PJ's
                  beautiful Waterford wine glasses
                  GC for mani and pedi
                  Red Sox sweatshirt
                  Creme brulee kit
                  leather gloves
                  cashmere scarf
                  a new wine opener
                  stocking stuff

From my family/Mike's family:

Pottery Barn duvet cover and shams I wanted
                  PJ's
                  George Foreman grill (to replace the old one that died)
                  Blender and food processor combo
                  a few gift cards
                  money
                  Vera Bradley makeup bag to match my duffel
                  a bunch of frames

What I gave Mike:

clothes
                  leather gloves and North Face gloves
                  The Art of Shaving shaving cream
                  Giant spotlight for his car (I have no idea why he wanted this- he is an underwriter)
                  stocking stuff
                  some other stuff I don't remember

His B-day is January 5th and I got him a new iPod, battery for his phone, case for his Blackberry and a jeweler's loupe. :)
                  Kate

#59 CrystalVegas

CrystalVegas
                  • 87 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TammyB
                    And I got a new car.. :-) I ended up trading in my car 3 months earlier then expected. I ended up getting a fully loaded Jetta. The best part, I'm saving over $150.00 a month on my car payment so that extra money is going to be put towards bills.. Which I'm so happy about.

Tammy - how do you like your Jetta? I am getting a new car as soon as I decide what I want (and I can't believe how indecisive I am being about it). I test drove one and I like it but I'm just not sure....it is hard to decide b/c at this point ANY new car is better than my '98 Accord w/ 168,000 miles on it lol!

#60 CrystalVegas

CrystalVegas
                    • 87 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MoWife
                      I got a pretty pink Schwinn Beach Cruiser!!

May seem like an odd gift for a 28 year old woman so here's the background: We rented a house in Ocean City, NJ for two weeks this summer. My daughter is really excited and she said she wanted Tim and I to get bikes so we could all ride together on the boardwalk. I was shopping in Target one day a few months ago and saw this fabulous sparkly pink beach cruiser bike. I took a pic of it and sent it to Tim and said this is what I will be riding down the shore! So Christmas morning my daughter was opening all of her presents and we got her a basketball net that was set up outside so I went running out with her to catch a picture of her when she saw her b-ball hoop and there was my pretty bike. I was so excited, I felt like a kid again getting a bike on Christmas morning!

Click the image to open in full size.
                      I have this bike too! I love it!! Although I must admit I probably look like a huge goober riding it around on the bike trail when everyone else is riding bad ass mountain bikes. ha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users