Ali's story

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 REBECCA

REBECCA
  • VIP Member
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:46 AM

Aww? That is a beautiful story. My husband proposed to me after we got into a big fight about why we weren't engaged yet Didn't I feel like the biggest idiot?

It turned out he had a plan of asking my dad for my hand, but he wanted to do it in person and my parents live in AZ, etc. So it took a little longer than he had thought. He had the friggin ring for like 2 months...who does that And, in my defense, we had agreed that we would get engaged before the end of the year (this discussion happened in, like March), so When December came and my girlfriend that had been with her boyfriend for a year, called to say they were engaged, one thing led to another and were in a full blow fight

After we made up, I was laying on the couch, all puffy-eyed, crying, he started telling me how much he loved me, blah blah blah and he said oh what the hell, there's no better time than now and ran into the room and came back with a ring. By then I was balling (happy [and a little guilty] tears) feeling like the biggest idiot saying "I'm Sorry I ruined it" over and over. He is so sweet, he just kept telling me that the moment was perfect and that he kept putting it off bcz he couldn't find the right moment. And that this moment felt like the right time and he figured he should seize the moment rather than try to create it.

So he ran out and got Champagne while I cleaned myself up a little and came back from the store with a red rose and we drank champagne on the floor by the Christmas tree with all the lights out and candles lit. We turned it into a romantic moment. It was probably thee most emotionally charged moment in my life actually.

Oops Sorry Ali! I'd rather not post this in my own thread, it's not the most romantic story...so I'll hide out in your thread if you don't mind :)
    Rebecca
    <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
    Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#12 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:19 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by REBECCA
      Aww? That is a beautiful story. My husband proposed to me after we got into a big fight about why we weren't engaged yet Didn't I feel like the biggest idiot?

It turned out he had a plan of asking my dad for my hand, but he wanted to do it in person and my parents live in AZ, etc. So it took a little longer than he had thought. He had the friggin ring for like 2 months...who does that And, in my defense, we had agreed that we would get engaged before the end of the year (this discussion happened in, like March), so When December came and my girlfriend that had been with her boyfriend for a year, called to say they were engaged, one thing led to another and were in a full blow fight

After we made up, I was laying on the couch, all puffy-eyed, crying, he started telling me how much he loved me, blah blah blah and he said oh what the hell, there's no better time than now and ran into the room and came back with a ring. By then I was balling (happy [and a little guilty] tears) feeling like the biggest idiot saying "I'm Sorry I ruined it" over and over. He is so sweet, he just kept telling me that the moment was perfect and that he kept putting it off bcz he couldn't find the right moment. And that this moment felt like the right time and he figured he should seize the moment rather than try to create it.

So he ran out and got Champagne while I cleaned myself up a little and came back from the store with a red rose and we drank champagne on the floor by the Christmas tree with all the lights out and candles lit. We turned it into a romantic moment. It was probably thee most emotionally charged moment in my life actually.

Oops Sorry Ali! I'd rather not post this in my own thread, it's not the most romantic story...so I'll hide out in your thread if you don't mind :)
      Rebecca what a cute story.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#13 Ali0624

Ali0624
      • 72 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:35 PM

That is such a cute story!! Again, it just goes to show that even the not-so-perfect proposals really are perfect Click the image to open in full size.
        Ali

#14 REBECCA

REBECCA
        • VIP Member
        • 1,825 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:58 PM

Thanks Ladies. I felt guilty for months, I was so mad at myself for not being more patient!
          Rebecca
          <center>

#15 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:22 PM

That's a cute story Rebecca! How long had he been hanging on to the ring before he finally proposed?
            Jeff bought my band in December, searched for the perfect diamond until March, got the whole ring in his possession the end of March and waited until May 29th to propose! The whole time I thought he never was going to do it...he had it hidden in the fireplace (good thing it was warm out!).

#16 REBECCA

REBECCA
            • VIP Member
            • 1,825 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:14 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
              That's a cute story Rebecca! How long had he been hanging on to the ring before he finally proposed?
              Jeff bought my band in December, searched for the perfect diamond until March, got the whole ring in his possession the end of March and waited until May 29th to propose! The whole time I thought he never was going to do it...he had it hidden in the fireplace (good thing it was warm out!).
              He got it in October and proposed in December. He said he was thinking of proposing at Christmas...noting like waiting until the absolute deadline (haha). If I had known he had a ring, I would have been more patient!!
              Rebecca
              <center>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users