Any all-inclusives with a horse-drawn carriage for the bride to arrive in

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrs.L

FutureMrs.L
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:41 PM

Hi-

I am open to any destination in the Caribbean, Mexico, Costa Rica, or DR at this point. What I do know that I want is an all-inclusive, children are welcome, and I can arrive at my wedding in a horse-drawn carriage. I have been to 2 weddings at the Moon Palace so I want to go some place else. Does anyone have any suggestions? I found a resort in the DR called Melia Caribe Tropical. Anyone been there? I am open to arriving in another fashion (I saw a bride arrive in a canoe on a lifetime movie - very cute) if anyone has any suggestions

Thanks -T

#2 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:35 AM

i was going to suggest the melia caribe, and then i read more and saw you already wrote that. :)

that was our number one in dr. we ultimately decided on mexico, but had we decided on dr we definately would have went with that resort. they do a ton of weddings and it sounds like they do a great job. not to send you away to another forum but this group is specific to the dr and the melia caribe. (mods- sorry if this isn't allowed) you should be able to find a ton of the horse drawn carraige pics there- they're very popular. Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums - Weddings in the Dominican Republic

#3 FutureMrs.L

FutureMrs.L
      • 127 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:21 PM

Thanks - ooh Belize where in Belize are you getting married?

#4 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,328 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:24 PM

actually, we're honeymooning there on ambergris caye. we're marrying in mexico. i think i'm more excited for belize though... we'll finally be married and we'll get to be alone after a week being surrounded by guests..

#5 FutureMrs.L

FutureMrs.L
          • 127 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

My sister just got married at the Moon Palace and they are going to the DR on Jan. 2nd because they did not have that honeymoon feeling because we were all around her. That is one thing that she suggested, that after the wedding to go to another resort somewhere else for a honeymoon.

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:11 AM

Aventura Spa Palace does this. It's in Riviera Maya Mexico. It's an adult only resort but it's really nice!
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,513 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

Moon Palace in Cancun does it to - Palace Resorts - Welcome to the Official Site - just click the weddings tab and then you can see all the extra's they list- there is an extra fee - but they do offer it. Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users