Photo

underwater cameras

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lauren_Hirshon

Lauren_Hirshon
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:02 AM

I want to put underwater cameras in my oot bags. I found a website that has them cheap but the cameras expired 9/2007. Supposedly they were kept in cool temperatures. Does anyone know if it matters that they have expired? My wedding is in Feb.

#2 Copita

Copita
    • 979 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:26 AM

They are prob cheaper because they've expired. Try to find ones that are still good so they will work.
      Great idea, by the way. Especially for those who like to scuba dive and snorkel!
      I've got some great underwater pics from a Caribbean vacation a few years ago.

#3 Jaysgirl119

Jaysgirl119
      • 106 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

Sorry I can not help you but I wanted to say that is a great idea. Please let me know if you find them. TIA

#4 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
        • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:33 AM

Jean-Marcus,

Please read the http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t921 before continuing to post. Please note that this post is considered spamming and is not permissible. Further posts as such will result in a permanent ban.

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:41 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jean-marcus
            they are a bit grainy because of the 800 speed film. and becuase of this reason i HIGHLY dont recommend taking them through security. they will xray them and that will fog the film a tad every time you go through. i would say get them developed wherever you are going to avoid the risk of that. the fact that they are expired wont really matter too much because its only a couple months. the expiration is like a milk expiration. its recomended to drink it by then but wont kill you if you are a bit late hahaha.
            Good to know, thanks :o)

#6 LadyP

LadyP
            • 3,156 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:01 AM

Oh yea I would have just left the cameras in the bag. Thank you. Is that the same with regular camera as well

#7 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
              • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LadyP
                Oh yea I would have just left the cameras in the bag. Thank you. Is that the same with regular camera as well
                they say that the xrays wont cloud the film but the new machines do it still. not so much that you will notice, so regular day to day shots arent really ones you have to worry about. but film speed that is 800 or higher though you have to worry. in most american airports you can have them hand inspect the film but some places wont and will just run the film through. pretty much all disposable cameras come with 800 speed film these days so do all that you can to not have them go through the xrays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users