Photo

St Thomas bride update....ROLL CALL

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#301 ashm373

ashm373
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

I am also planning a wedding in St Thomas for Feb 2011. I am thinking of doing a wedding at a resort. Right now Bolongo Bay is high on my list but am open to other any suggestions.....

#302 brookedanielle

brookedanielle
    • 59 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

Welcome to the Newer St. Thomas brides!

This board is such a great resource, and the ladies on here are so very helpful. Good luck in planning your weddings!

Ashley: I'm so sorry to hear about all of the difficulties you faced on your wedding day, but glad to hear that you didn't let them ruin your special day. Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us.

#303 brookedanielle

brookedanielle
      • 59 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

So I've been on the search for an officiant, and for some reason I'm not having much luck. For those brides who didn't end up using a coordinator, who did you use as your officiant? I feel like I don't want to hire a coordinator JUST to have an officiant, because it will cost more money.

Any suggestions?

#304 bledsoeswifey2be

bledsoeswifey2be
        • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

1. Name- Elishia M.
          2. Where are you from- the great West Virginia (any jokes? haha)
          3. Where are you getting married in St Thomas- Magens Bay
          4. When are you getting married-June 21, 2010
          5. who is you WC - I'm still deciding :

I was curious as to whether any St. Thomas brides who were getting married while on a cruise (but not on the ship, on the beach) have gotten there hair done on the ship before the wedding? A WC that I've been trying to decide on says that the hair stylist they use is not allowed to board the ship and that I should get my hair and makeup done on the ship in that hair salon... Not to mention she says as soon as I get on the ship I need to drop my bags and go to the salon right then to make an appointment since they don't book appointments this early I guess? This makes me nervous! I was wondering if any other girls have done this right before they're about to get married!?

#305 m&d2011

m&d2011
          • 379 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

this is a great thread! lots of good info. I'm planning a DW for 2011...not sure when yet.... I am also still deciding on a island...I need something that will keep my budget low since we are paying for the wedding.....i'm def contacting the WC mentioned here....

#306 Beth0413

Beth0413
            • 38 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

1. Name - Beth
              2. Where are you from - Pittsburgh, PA
              3. Where are you getting married in St Thomas - Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort & Spa
              4. When are you getting married - May 19, 2011
              5. who is you WC - N/A (We are usually the resort's wedding coordinator)
              Can't wait to marry my best friend!

#307 vi_bound2010

vi_bound2010
              • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:05 AM

1. Name - Sha
                2. Where are you from - St. Thomas U.S.V.I
                3. Where are you getting married on Linquist Beach St Thomas /Reception Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort & Spa
                4. When are you getting married - October 10, 2010
                5. who is you WC - WTIW

#308 vi_bound2010

vi_bound2010
                • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:14 AM

So I've been on the search for an officiant, and for some reason I'm not having much luck. For those brides who didn't end up using a coordinator, who did you use as your officiant? I feel like I don't want to hire a coordinator JUST to have an officiant, because it will cost more money.
                  __________________________________________________ ________________________

Hey brookedanielle !!

I found an officiant for you. His name Bill Arnet @ AFFORDABLE WEDDING on St. Thomas Virgin Islands, Romantic, Inexpensive, St. Thomas Wedding. I dunno anyone personally that has used him. He does alot of weddings on the island. His prices are inexpensive and reasonable. You might want to check him out. Just a suggestion for yah!

#309 KateinParadise

KateinParadise
                  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:31 PM

Elishia,
                    Just saw your post regarding salon services when getting off the ship for your wedding. My daughter is working with Sugar and Spice Artistry, who will meet her at a hotel room near the ceremony site and do her hair and makeup there. She will only have to pay a nominal rate to use the room for 2 hours. Speaking from personal experience, I would not use the salon services on the ship. I thought that would be the easiest way to go when I got married, but I was very unhappy with the way my hair turned out; nothing like the two photos I gave them as examples.

Check out Sugar and Spice Artistry's web site and it will give you an idea of their services and costs, as a possible alternative to the ship's salon.

#310 ~St.T Bride~

~St.T Bride~
                    • 128 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

Hey all!

Rather then double posting see the post below.

http://bestdestinati....married-55423/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users