Photo

St Thomas bride update....ROLL CALL

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#21 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
  • 668 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for the web-site Kim! I will try to check out the rest while we are there- we only have a few hours and stupid us booked an excursion while we are there.

#22 petunia

petunia
    • 113 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

It seems that "all-inclusive" is often brought up as a desirable option for your wedding in consideration of your guests. St. Thomas is an island that really does not require all-inclusive as you might need in Jamaica or the Dominican Republic. There are such a great variety of activities and restaurants all over the island. I've been going there every year since 1997 and still have a long list of things to do and places to eat. Trust me, you are so limited staying in an all-inclusive if you include the meal plan. Word is that the food at the Wyndham (the only real a/i on the island) is mediocre at best. The resort, however is very nice with great on-site activities.

I'm actually scoping out villas for my guests to share if they like.

I like the idea of Coral World for my after nuptials party. The marine park closes at 5, but they open up the entire place for an after hours event. I understand from a couple of recent brides who had their reception there that the catering costs are also quite reasonable. It's a "thinking outside the box" kind of option.

Oh, and we've decided on a date. August 9, 2010. John says if it's on 8/9/10 there's a good chance he'll remember it.

#23 LadyP

LadyP
      • 3,156 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

my son's birthday. great choice. Try Angela at st thomas weddings, st thomas wedding, st thomas wedding packages, us virgin island weddings

#24 petunia

petunia
        • 113 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:10 PM

Lady P,

Thanks, but we won't be using a wedding coordinator. The person who will perform the ceremony has been my favorite bartender and good friend for years. He's a bartender/ordained minister/photographer/landscape artist/dog sitter. I call him Jeff Slash. I will be a 60-year-old bride and John's just a year younger than me. We've both done the big wedding thing before. We want this simple and loving right on our beach. I'll make the party plans myself also.

I even told John I didn't want to wear white, but was going to find a bright red floozie dress. Well, I'll probably wear a pretty white bridey/beach dress but it's so much fun messing with him.

By the way....I'm a teacher, too. And I dance and sing for my kids all the time.

#25 LadyP

LadyP
          • 3,156 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

Oh that is so cool. Angela is awesome she has all types of plans. I am sooo happy for you and your boo. your bartender is the jack of all trades.

#26 berliewed08

berliewed08
            • 45 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

I think I actually may contact Angela. Lady P you speak so highly of her. Maybe she can help me "Get a clue." right now all I have is a Place, "St. Thomas" and that's it.
              Hoping my New Year's wish comes true.

#27 LadyP

LadyP
              • 3,156 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by berliewed08
                I think I actually may contact Angela. Lady P you speak so highly of her. Maybe she can help me "Get a clue." right now all I have is a Place, "St. Thomas" and that's it.

check her out it won't hurt. She has been wonderful. I thought I was getting married this november but it didnt happen and she was great as far as changing the date and not losing my deposit

#28 IslandLover

IslandLover
                • 96 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:04 AM

Lady P you have to let us know how it works out with Angela. She is also my coordinator for next year...cant wait to hear your reviews!!!!
                  IslandLover

#29 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
                  • 668 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by berliewed08
                    I am going to St Thomas next week! YEAH! A long awaited vaca! I will make sure to post back and let you know the details as we have appointments with the marriott and the sugar bay resort. If you have any quesions I will be happy to find out!

#30 LadyP

LadyP
                    • 3,156 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by S2BLennon
                      I am going to St Thomas next week! YEAH! A long awaited vaca! I will make sure to post back and let you know the details as we have appointments with the marriott and the sugar bay resort. If you have any quesions I will be happy to find out!
                      Are you meeting with Angela? I just want to see some pictures of the reception site if possible. Please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users