St Thomas bride update....ROLL CALL

LadyP

I too am so glad I did TTD photos. (Great shots, btw Deb!)

One quick comment- and this is meant to be helpful, not negative. I've heard that Sulan and Allain at Blue Glass are terrific. I've also heard, though, that some of the other photographers aren't quite as good. I have no personal experience (so perhaps I should refrain?) but I remember a bride I "met" on the Knot not being happy with her photos... anyway, you may want to see if you can specify a specific photographer.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmie2008 View Post
you may want to see if you can specify a specific photographer.
I agree with this 100%. Sulan did a good job, technically, but you could tell she was offended by stuff like my husband asking her to take shots of me where there was clear water in the background instead of a bunch of dark, ugly seaweed. The individual photographer is important. We just didn't know which one to ask for, which is why the boards are so important.

Hello all

Stumbled across this site and it looks like tons of fun.

Name: Tammy

Engaged: December 24th, 2008

Wedding Date: May 28th, 2010

Ceremony: Magens Bay

Reception: Rented Villa on the water

WC: Erica - owner of ABigToDoEvents.com

This is my 2nd wedding and I always said if I got married again it would be on the beach. Well little did I know back then that I'd be marrying a man from the islands. Fiance was raised on St Thomas and his grandparents, Uncles and great aunts/uncles still live on the island. Being my 2nd wedding I felt it more important that more of his family be able to participate (since the families here on the mainland live on opposite sides of the country). This totally pleased his mother. :) We have a group of 5 couples that are traveling with us. We are all very close and had talked about a group vacation to the islands and the wedding gave us the perfect excuse to make it happen.

My WC is actually here in Atlanta. I met her at a wedding bootcamp my BFF and I attended several months ago and we really clicked. And she's done events around the world. We are also bringing our photographer with us. The pictures were the MOST important thing to me when thinking about the planning so it only made sense. Plus, she's amazing both in her talent and personality. We felt the extra cost (airfare and rooms in the villa) were totally worth it. And I think by the end of the planning process they and their hubbys will be very good friends as well.

We were in St Thomas a few weeks ago for our annual trip to see the family and I had arranged for us to view a few villas. I knew I wanted to find a nice place we could not only stay in with our best friends and my family that is traveling there (the future in-laws are staying with the family), but also that had a nice outdoor space to hold the reception (about 50 people). We had fun touring the villas. We have picked one and are working with them to determine the final price. I hope it all works out.

Okay enough rambling. I'm looking forward to hearing everyones plans and seeing the pictures. It's such a beautiful place makes it hard not to have beautiful pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Name-Crystal

2. Where are you from-originally from NY, but currently live in Northern VA

3. Where are you getting married in St Thomas- have not figured that out yet

4. When are you getting married-08.09.10

5. who is you WC-Robyn Carson ( based in MD, but we are bringing her to ST. Thomas)

Currently we are trying to find a reception/ceremony location. We are thinking of having between 60-100 guests (yes, I know that is large, but he has a HUGE family wink.gif ). Any suggestions would be great

Welcome Crystal

I'm curious as to why you chose to work with a WC in MD vs one in St Thomashuh.gif It's so easy to work with someone who actually know that area ya know (although I guess you wc may already know the island lol)huh.gif Maybe you could consult with a St Thomas WC... Well anyway welcome to the thread and happy planning (please don't be offended by my question I'm just nosey. I asked one of my family members and my next door neighbor are both wc's and my fam wanted me to work with someone here as well as someone in st thomas... I'm like no I really can't afford that lol).

• 2 weeks later...

Well when we first decide on a dw, I was originally working with a travel/wc, but after some time I realized that I wanted someone who was both knowledgeable about St thomas and who was close to me, so that we could discuss things in details in person. Though many had stated that I didnt need an intown wc as I would get one when i booked my location, I still wanted to make sure. After much research and meeting with various planners in the area, I found one planner who was everything I was looking for plus more. The fact was that she had a lot of experience in destination weddings as well as is in St Thomas. When we met I felt like I was talking to an old friend and we talked for hours where we realized that we had a lot in common including the fact that we graduated from the same college. After meeting and trying to figure out if we wanted to really go that route, she gave us her quote and for the full package it was completely worth it and so far it is.. She is so GREAT!. I hope that answers your question.

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to the list of St. Thomas brides-to be! I'll try to be a more active poster once we start finalizing details over the next few weeks. For now:

I'm Melissa and my fiance is Brian

We are getting married in St. Thomas on February 10, 2010 while our cruise ship is in port. We are still trying to decide on a wedding coordinator.

I'm excited to get to know you girls over the upcoming months! It's nice to "hang out" here and discuss wedding stuff...