St Thomas bride update....ROLL CALL

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#211 cbecker

cbecker
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

Ashley!

Who are you using for your photographer and who are you using for makeup and hair?

Let me know I still am up in the air with the makeup and hair person. I have Gary as my photographer but am kind of nervous about how well the pictures will turn out
    June 5th 2010 St Thomas Virgin Islands

#212 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
    • 712 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

Umm I'm not getting my hair done in St Thomas and I think we're going with Blue Glass althou I love Ashley Armitage (I think that's the name) but she's a bit pricey for us.

#213 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
      • Banned
      • 3,639 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:06 PM

Sherri- Im am booked with you guys on April 2nd 2010 and I am so excited. :)

#214 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
        • Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cbecker
          1. Name-Crystal Becker
          2. Where are you from-Eagan, Minnesota
          3. Where are you getting married in St Thomas-Lindquest Beach
          4. When are you getting married-June 5th 2010
          5. who is you WC-Janelle Scott
          Im from Lakeville MN :) we are practically neighbors. I wll also be getting married in St. Thomas on April 2nd 2010 :)

#215 SPhippsRN

SPhippsRN
          • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hi everyone my name is Stephanie and I will be getting married in St. Thomas May 8th 2010. I just found this site and am so glad because i need HELP! I'm going to have to sort through the previous posts but just wanted to introduce myself.

#216 CrystalM

CrystalM
            • 829 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

Hey Stephanie! Welcome!!!!!!!

I'm getting married May 1, 2010 on STT, heading home on the 8th or 9th (not sure yet!)
              I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#217 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
              • 712 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

Welcome Stephanie

#218 mandieweez

mandieweez
                • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

1. Name - Mandie Hastings
                  2. Where are you from - Dana Point, CA
                  3. Where are you getting married in St Thomas - Lindquist Beach
                  4. When are you getting married - May 7, 2010
                  5. who is you WC - Janelle Scott

I look forward to any advice! I'm searching for a photographer, hair/makeup and a rehearsal/welcome dinner venue. Can't wait to hear about all of your weddings.

#219 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
                  • 712 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

Welcome Mandie you'll def fit in here. Many of us are working with Janelle and getting married on Lindquist. I actually have a cruise wedding (well we are cruising to St thomas then havign the wedding on Lindquist) so i won't be getting my hair done or having and pre wedding events in st thomas we will be doing that on the ship. But i think I'm gonna work with Blue Glass photography.
                    TTFN

#220 futureeilen

futureeilen
                    • 63 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mandieweez
                      1. Name - Mandie Hastings
                      2. Where are you from - Dana Point, CA
                      3. Where are you getting married in St Thomas - Lindquist Beach
                      4. When are you getting married - May 7, 2010
                      5. who is you WC - Janelle Scott

I look forward to any advice! I'm searching for a photographer, hair/makeup and a rehearsal/welcome dinner venue. Can't wait to hear about all of your weddings.
                      Welcome Mandie!

I got married in STT on May 24th and used Ashley Armitage for photography and Sugar and Spice Artistry for hair/makeup. Both were AWESOME. Ashley does mostly photojournalism style, but throws in some traditional posed photos as well. She is a bit pricey compared to other photographers on the island, but she only schedules 2 weddings PER WEEK, instead of multiple per day like I've heard the others do. We had decided that photography, catering, and cake/desserts were the most important aspects of the wedding for us, so we just budgeted accordingly.

I would highly recommend Sugar and Spice, too. They were on time, brought 2 suitcases full of hair/makeup supplies(!) and were super sweet and easy to work with. They listened to my hair/makeup ideas and did exactly what I wanted.

We didn't have a rehearsal/welcome dinner, but I would recommend Agave Terrace (Seafood), East End Cafe (Italian), Havana Blue (Latin fusion), Lotus (Asian + sushi), Mafolie (Seafood), and Duffy's/Molly Malone's/Dos Amigos (if you want something more casual). Hope that helps!
                      Anaiah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users