St Thomas bride update....ROLL CALL

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#131 sherri

sherri
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

Nice to hear the reports!

younmebabe, I have worked with Eric Johnson many times and also LOVE his work! He truly is excellent! He is always my first to recommend when someone is hiring an individual photographer! KUDOS!
    http://farm3.static.....8a8dc807_m.jpg

www.weddingstheislandway.com
    www.mclaughlinanderson.com
    Stone Cottage and Rockworks VillasSt. Thomas, US Virgin Islands

#132 erinbride2010

erinbride2010
    • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

Hi There! I'm planning a St. Thomas wedding too!

Name- Erin
      I'm from New York (near Buffalo, not NYC)
      I don't have a location yet. I'm just starting our planning but we do want to get married Feb 2010.

#133 darkblue

darkblue
      • 26 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hey everyone! My name is Nicole, and I'm from New Jersey. My fiance (Alexthegroom) and I are planning on getting married on October 26, 2009 (our six and a half year anniversary). We haven't picked a location yet. We're currently in the process of researching resorts, and wow, they all look so beautiful!

What we *have* decided so far is that we want a small wedding with just our parents and siblings (10 of us in total). We both have this image of having our ceremony on a little grassy knoll overlooking the beach. I've seen some photos of Bluebeard's Beach around... does anyone know anything about it? We've never been to St. Thomas, so your expertise is greatly appreciated. :)

#134 darkblue

darkblue
        • 26 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

Hey everyone! My name is Nicole, and I'm from New Jersey. My fiance (Alexthegroom) and I are planning on getting married on October 26, 2009 (our five and a half year anniversary). We haven't picked a location yet. We're currently in the process of researching resorts, and wow, they all look so beautiful!

What we *have* decided so far is that we want a small wedding with just our parents and siblings (10 of us in total). We both have this image of having our ceremony on a little grassy knoll overlooking the beach. I've seen photos of Bluebeard's Beach around... does anyone know anything about it? We've never been to St. Thomas before, so your expertise is greatly appreciated. :)

#135 sherri

sherri
          • 73 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

First, Congrats to erinbride2010 and darkblue!

Petunia, somehow I missed your post requesting pictures for weddings I've done at different locations. I am so sorry! I will get right on it!

#136 sherri

sherri
            • 73 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:52 AM

First, Congrats to erinbride2010 and darkblue!

Petunia, somehow I missed your post requesting pictures for weddings I've done at different locations. I am so sorry! I will get right on it!

#137 sherri

sherri
              • 73 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

Click the image to open in full size.
                This is a picture of a wedding I did on Magens Bay!

Will post more as soon I can!

#138 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
                • 712 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

Hello Dark Blue
                  From pics I've seen Limetree beach offers a grassy area by a beach. I wanted to get married there but my WC said no bc of the island party they have there on Tuesdays so we decided to go with Lindquist Beach. But if ur not getting married on a Tuesday u should be fine.
                  Good Luck

#139 petunia

petunia
                  • 113 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

darkblue,

Bluebeard's Beach Club is a very small quiet timeshare resort, and I own a week there. I go every August and have seen several weddings both on the beach and on the "grassy knoll" overlooking the beach. What would you like to know about it?

#140 darkblue

darkblue
                    • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

Sherri: Thank you! :)

Prettyhazardous, thank you for those suggestions. I'll add both of those beaches to The List. We'll be getting married on a Monday, so no problems there. Who is your WC, btw?

Petunia: all of the pictures I've seen show what it would look like from the back of the ceremony (ie, a shot down the aisle looking at the water). What does the surrounding area look like? We just wanted to make sure that there isn't a busy parking lot or bar or something directly next to where the ceremony would be taking place. Is there a possibility for a lot of onlookers on a Monday around sunset?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users