St Thomas bride update....ROLL CALL

LadyP

Name-Josée

2. Where are you from- Northern Ontario, Canada

3. Where are you getting married in St Thomas- Haven't decided yet

4. When are you getting married-November 5, 2008

5. Not sure yet-we are only sailing into St Thomas for 1 day and are still deciding about organizing things through the cruise line or hiring someone local...opinions & recommendations WELCOME!!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've returned from two weeks in St. Thomas. I was so planning to start looking into things for my Aug. 2010 wedding, but hey, I got there the day after working a full school year and then six weeks of summer school, and I just completely basked in the glory of vacation. I did check out a villa that is very reasonable with six bedrooms and within walking distance of the resort, but that's about it. The resort is quite small, only 74 units, so I've been looking for some nearby alternatives for guests.

And, guess what! I actually got to meet Sherri! What a wonderful woman. I was on Magen's Bay and saw someone setting up for a wedding there. I went over and asked if it would be a problem if I stood on the side and watched the ceremony. I was graciously told "no problem." I then asked her name, being familiar with some WCs from this site, and she told me she was Sherri! She was very busy, being very thorough and so attentive to every detail. I was amazed at the amount of work she was putting into the bride's special day. It was as if it were her own wedding. I did stand to the side, not to be intrusive, and watched the most beautiful wedding I'd ever seen. It was both beachy and elegant at the same time. After the ceremony as they were milling around, I overheard many guests comment about how impressed they were with the wedding, feeling exactly as I did.

At this point I'm not planning on using a WC, as I'm having a very informal wedding (hopefully), but if I were to use one, I wouldn't hesitate a second about using Sherri. I'd be very confident that my wedding would be absolutely perfect.

I saw another wedding at Limetree Beach. It was a very very big, formal ceremony with about 40 guests and a bridal party of about 6 BMs and 6 GMs. This was held on the grassy area, which is a very pretty setting just steps from the sandy beach. It was pretty hot that day, so I watched most of it from the water....LOL. It, too was a lovely ceremony. This was a wedding from the cruise ship. I was a little disappointed in the photographer's choice of pictures. Although there are lovely photo ops on the grounds, there are such beautiful shots that could be taken from the far end of the beach, with a rocky backdrop and small waves crashing up on them. I certainly expected him to bring the bride and groom there, but he didn't. If you get married on Limetree Beach, you might want to consider asking the photographer to scout out that area for pictures. Another thing I might have done was asked the restaurant to open the bar for the guests who were just standing around with no place to sit for about an hour while pics were being taken. During the day the pool bar is open for resort guests, but the restaurant bar isn't. It would have been a nice consideration the WC could have checked into.

Erica, we haven't decided on a reception, except to say we're not having a reception. I'm not even sending out invitations. If any friends or family want to be on island when I get married they are welcome to come share in our day. We'll throw a party. I told you it'll be informal. I'll be a 60 year old bride with a younger groom of 59, so it's not quite the same for us. As it gets nearer and we have an idea of who will be there we'll make some arrangements. I've considered Iggies, Coral World, and even asked some local friends for ideas. A beach party suits me fine as well, with a barbecue on the patio at the resort. I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have. There will be cake though. And music. And rum drinks.

My fiance didn't come with me this year. His daughter had a gigantic princess fairy tale wedding in July ($$$$$$$$$) and he is in financial ruin for quite some time. Ate up all his vacation budget. He did express his fear, however, that I was going to come home having booked the ballroom at the Ritz.

• 4 weeks later...

Quote from Petunia: And, guess what! I actually got to meet Sherri! What a wonderful woman. I was on Magen's Bay and saw someone setting up for a wedding there. I went over and asked if it would be a problem if I stood on the side and watched the ceremony. I was graciously told "no problem." I then asked her name, being familiar with some WCs from this site, and she told me she was Sherri! She was very busy, being very thorough and so attentive to every detail. I was amazed at the amount of work she was putting into the bride's special day. It was as if it were her own wedding. I did stand to the side, not to be intrusive, and watched the most beautiful wedding I'd ever seen. It was both beachy and elegant at the same time. After the ceremony as they were milling around, I overheard many guests comment about how impressed they were with the wedding, feeling exactly as I did.

Petunia,

What a surprise to see your write up! It was a real plessure getting to meet you and I am so sorry I was too busy to sit and chat! It truly is a beautiful way to get married and I know your wedding is going to be just as lovely at Lime Tree! I love the further end of that beach down by the rocks, tho I haven't been there in years!

Since you seem to make it down often, I hope we get to meet again and have a cocktail and if there is any way I can offer some help on your wedding you are planning yourself!

Thanks for your wonderful words, I love what I do so much that it doesn't seem like work!

All My Best,

Sherri

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by younmebabe View Post
Hello Emmie2008...when do you guys arrive in St. Thomas? We are actually getting married on Nov 5, on Lindquist Beach! Can`t wait...only 45 days :)
I'm coming in on a cruise in December and getting married on Lindquist Beach! Definitely let me know how it goes!