Photo

Reception Pics!! Please Help!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

Hi Ladies...I'm beginning to panic!! I have rented to plantation restaurant for a private reception on June 28th however, the only pictures I've seen looks like there is no dancing room or space for a dj...it looks very narrow like all of my 100 guests will be sitting on top of eachother...does anyone have better pics?? or is what i see what i get Heeelllp!!

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

I'm having my reception at the Plantation as well. I have about 80-100 guests. I was assured by Chandlyn that there is room for dancing and a dj. I haven't seen any pics of it yet that show that, but hopefully some of the girls that have been there can chime in and put our minds at ease!

#3 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
      • 186 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:42 PM

thanks Lizz! I've seen a couple of pics and it seemed to be a really tight space, but we'll see soon i guess..lol

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:41 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MoBride
          Unfortunately while I was there, there were no receptions going on for me to checkout the set up for you ladies. Believe me I tried but all the weddings that week were fairly small. The Plantation definitely had plenty of room to accomodate all of your guests but a lot of the areas in the restaurant are narrow so you might be a little spread out at longer tables rather than smaller tables grouped together. I'm sure it will work out fine. When I first saw Evita's in person I nearly died because it seemed so small but when it was set up for the wedding there was more than enough room. I'm sure once the Plantation is set up for a wedding there will be plenty of room.
          Thanks, Mo! I'm not too worried. Also, I'm hoping that in the next 4 months, at least 1 of the girls here will have her reception at the Plantation and come back with a full report and pics!

#5 chicago88

chicago88
          • 699 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

Hopefully, I'll have some good pics when I come back at the end of February. We are doing a private reception at the plantation with about 50 guests w/ DJ.

Therese & Jay
            Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
            http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#6 albianstar

albianstar
            • 82 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

i am going tomorrow- AHHH
              so i will try and remember to take pics of the plantation resterant
              I will be snap happy so it shouldnt be easy to miss!

#7 jmhein

jmhein
              • 665 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by albianstar
                i am going tomorrow- AHHH
                so i will try and remember to take pics of the plantation resterant
                I will be snap happy so it shouldnt be easy to miss!
                Have a WONDERFUL time Albianstar!!! Remember to come back here and post all your pics!!
                ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#8 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
                • 298 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:17 PM

I am sure this link is posted somewhere on the forum but towards the end of this short video is the Plantation. It looks like sufficient space for a guest list of a 100. Don't worry, you will be fine.

http://easylink.play....00/446/905.wvx

#9 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
                  • 186 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

thanks so much I cant wait to see any new pics that get posted!! I gotta tell you...you ladies are the best!

#10 jmhein

jmhein
                    • 665 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

I am having my reception at the Mammee Bay Steakhouse, but I did find these pics of the upper level of the Plantation for you! :)

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I am sure it will work out fine for a reception! It looks very nice!
                      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users