Photo

Photo of your wedding site on Wedding Events/Ceremony page of website?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nylalany

nylalany
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:27 AM

Wondering if you all included a photo of your wedding site on your website if you had a page relating to Wedding Events, or if you decided to keep it more of a surprise?

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:43 AM

I included it. I think it will look so much prettier in person, so it will still be fun to see. Also, I think it helps people understand why I'd have the wedding in mexico instead of a local beach.

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:16 AM

I included a few photos of our site on the page that described the day's events. I think it got people excited. But I guess you don't need to because they'll probably just google the location anyway if they're like most of us...lol

#4 Lorilou

Lorilou
        • 533 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:17 PM

i included it in our website, but they are small pictures so it leaves something to the imagination.

#5 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

I included pictures and the plan of events. It was difficult for some of our guests to commit. I wanted them to be excited for it. We weren't just dragging them down there for some 20 min ceremony then turning them loose. I wanted them to understand it was a planned event- just like a "real" wedding.

I don't know about everyone else, but it seems DW are kinda skewed in some people's eyes. It's like they think they are witnessing an elopement or something. Umm...no, these are highly orchestrated and PLANNED weddings. I think the idea of them is still relatively new, although I was shocked by how many brides are on this website! In a few years, a DW will not be considered out of the ordinary, but just another alternative to a standard wedding. But way more fun!!
            Happily married since 2008

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:34 PM

Rachel - you are SO right. And people think they are so cheap, like you don't still have to pay the pp fees. It's crazy the lack of understanding. Although I will say that I had no frigging clue when I decided this.

#7 beachbride08

beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:40 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                Rachel - you are SO right. And people think they are so cheap, like you don't still have to pay the pp fees. It's crazy the lack of understanding. Although I will say that I had no frigging clue when I decided this.
                I thought it would be less expensive too before I researched everything. In the end we are saving money than having a local wedding, but only because it will be less people.
                Michelle

#8 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
                • 815 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:44 PM

They are less expensive if you opt for the wedding package offered at the resort usually. There are lots of ways to spend more however with all those fun extras.
                  http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
                  Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                  Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#9 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
                  • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:08 AM

Jean-Marcus,

Please read the http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t921 before continuing to post. Please note that this post is considered spamming and is not permissible. Further posts as such will result in a permanent ban.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users