Wedding in a crisis

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hondagirl

hondagirl
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:06 AM

Hi everyone, my son is meant to be getting married in Ochos Rios in March,
    But we have hit a major problem,we are unable to get a confirmed time and date for the ceremony by either the travel agent or Hotel after lots of unanswered e mails ,
    WE are only a week away from everbody having to pay in full , we paid
    the deposits back in the summer this year with the promise of dates and times being booked then .
    to all newly married brides from Riu Ochos Rios was this all confirmed before
    you arrived and if so by the agent or hotel? to future brides do you have this all confirmed ?
    Please help as I feel we might have to cancel the whole wedding.

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:15 AM

Wow, that doesn't sound right at all. Do you have a travel agent? I think you should def be able to confirm your info. I would have your TA call the hotel, or call the 800 number and demand to speak to a supervisor, and keep demanding until they actually connect you.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:16 AM

Wow, that doesn't sound right at all. Do you have a travel agent? I think you should def be able to confirm your info. I would have your TA call the hotel, or call the 800 number and demand to speak to a supervisor, and keep demanding until they actually connect you.

#4 hondagirl

hondagirl
        • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:52 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MoBride
          I'm confused. Who told your son and future daughter in law that their wedding was booked and that they had a confirmed ceremony date and time?
          The Travel Agent told us they were on the phone with the RIU Ocho Rios wedding planner and booking the time slot and day, this was August 2007 and we had to send deposits for everyone for the trip at this time. It was like a closing pressure for the sale. We did send deposits and have been waiting for confirmation of the date for the ceremony and the trip ever since.

Our Agent has not said we needed to go online and book the ceremony direct with a credit card deposit, she said she was doing this. The Agent still has not given us the confirmation # for the trip. We had worked out for ourselves the website direct booking thing with the RIU and tried to do this, thats when we found out that we needed this confirmation #, also the RIU website wants the reservation as well which we don't have.

So right now we have a new confirmation # from the RIU and we need the booking reservation# from presumably the tour operator, which we are asking our travel agent for.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:06 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by hondagirl
          The Travel Agent told us they were on the phone with the RIU Ocho Rios wedding planner and booking the time slot and day, this was August 2007 and we had to send deposits for everyone for the trip at this time. It was like a closing pressure for the sale. We did send deposits and have been waiting for confirmation of the date for the ceremony and the trip ever since.

Our Agent has not said we needed to go online and book the ceremony direct with a credit card deposit, she said she was doing this. The Agent still has not given us the confirmation # for the trip. We had worked out for ourselves the website direct booking thing with the RIU and tried to do this, thats when we found out that we needed this confirmation #, also the RIU website wants the reservation as well which we don't have.

So right now we have a new confirmation # from the RIU and we need the booking reservation# from presumably the tour operator, which we are asking our travel agent for.
          usually with riu, i will call them first to see if the date and time they want is available...if it is, i ask them to hold it for me, then go onto the website to book it and once i get confirmation i forward it to the bride and groom.

if it is a group reservation you may not have confirmations of individual bookings but you should be able to get a group confirmation number or at least the tour operator if they did not go directly through the resort.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 hondagirl

hondagirl
          • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:14 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by host
            usually with riu, i will call them first to see if the date and time they want is available...if it is, i ask them to hold it for me, then go onto the website to book it and once i get confirmation i forward it to the bride and groom.
            Ok this is exactly what our travel agent told us, but we never got the confirmation, so we don't know if the TA completed the booking, or forgot.

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:33 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hondagirl
            Ok this is exactly what our travel agent told us, but we never got the confirmation, so we don't know if the TA completed the booking, or forgot.
            if she did book the reservation online then the WC should have no problem looking on their calendar to see if you are scheduled...it sounds like it would be easy for them to confirm...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
            • 2,302 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:36 AM

Am I having dejavu or didn't I just read and reply to a similar post?
              2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#9 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,680 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
              • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
              • LocationUtah

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

Yeah there are 2 threads with the same name going around.. I've been checking both.

Hope this gets straightened out for you. Any word today from the agent?

#10 albianstar

albianstar
              • 82 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

speak to the ta's manager
                this is too important to be messed around I would not only demand the TA's supervisor figure it out but take some of the TA's commision and give it as a discount to you.
                She should be more professional than she is being.
                If she did it she should be able to give you a conf# right away, or she should admit she didnt do it right away, so you can rectify the situation
                GOOD LUCK! I really feel for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users