Wedding in a crisis

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hondagirl

hondagirl
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:05 AM

Hi everyone, my son is meant to be getting married in Ochos Rios in March,
    But we have hit a major problem,we are unable to get a confirmed time and date for the ceremony by either the travel agent or Hotel after lots of unanswered e mails ,
    WE are only a week away from everbody having to pay in full , we paid
    the deposits back in the summer this year with the promise of dates and times being booked then .
    to all newly married brides from Riu Ochos Rios was this all confirmed before
    you arrived and if so by the agent or hotel? to future brides do you have this all confirmed ?
    Please help as I feel we might have to cancel the whole wedding.

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:09 AM

When I booked my wedding, I got a confirmation number from the RIU website. When your son originally booked it, how did you find out the date and time were confirmed? Was it done over email/phone? If the wedding coordinator is not answering your emails, I would suggest getting in touch with the RIU Corporate headquarters. Good luck! Let us know what happens and if you need anything else!

#3 hondagirl

hondagirl
      • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:23 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lizz
        When I booked my wedding, I got a confirmation number from the RIU website.
        The confirmation # from the RIU was sent to the Travel Agent, who never gave it to us, so we cannot access the RIU website to do any bookings. So we emailed RIU direct to get another # which they gave us, but RIU said they needed the reservation # from the Travel Agent, who has not or will not give it to us.

We have also emailed the regional wedding planner at the RIU group in Jamacia as well as the RIU Ochos Rios wedding planner, but have not heard back yet (week ago).

Lizz: When you went on the RIU website with your confirmation # did you book the day & time of the ceremony, as well as the reception restaurant venue and time?

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:28 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by hondagirl
          The confirmation # from the RIU was sent to the Travel Agent, who never gave it to us, so we cannot access the RIU website to do any bookings. So we emailed RIU direct to get another # which they gave us, but RIU said they needed the reservation # from the Travel Agent, who has not or will not give it to us.

We have also emailed the regional wedding planner at the RIU group in Jamacia as well as the RIU Ochos Rios wedding planner, but have not heard back yet (week ago).

Lizz: When you went on the RIU website with your confirmation # did you book the day & time of the ceremony, as well as the reception restaurant venue and time?
          I only booked the day and time of the ceremony on the RIU website. I booked the reception venue and time with Chandlyn (the wedding coordinator) via email.
          Do you have RIU's phone number? Unfortunately, I don't. I just looked on their website quickly and couldn't find it. If you do have it, that would be a way to get someone to answer you quicker than email.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:36 AM

why wont the TA give you the confirmation...? that sounds very odd.

and why won't the resort give it to you? they usually have you "in the books" under the last name of the bride and groom.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 J&M

J&M
          • 173 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:06 AM

We got our confermation # from our TA there was no problem with this as she actually booked the wedding online for us

#7 J&M

J&M
            • 173 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:08 AM

Hondagirl

Do you by any chance deal with Carolyn at Bradfield Travel in Alliston? I think your'e really close to where i am by your name:)

#8 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
              • 2,302 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:25 AM

I agree with everyone else about something being a little odd about your TA! I defitenly would try and talk to the TA's manager or someone higher up.

Also, as far as contacting the hotel, you have to remember they are on "island time", so sometimes they may take 2 to 3 weeks to respond! It may be quicker if you can call, not a guarantee though!

Hang in there and let us know how everything goes.
                2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#9 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
                • 2,302 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:39 AM

Here are two numbers I found for the RIU Ocho Rios (I'm thinking they are toll free to call):

1-888-666-8816 (USA)
                  1-800-225-5748 (MEXICO)
                  2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#10 hondagirl

hondagirl
                  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:00 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by J&M
                    Hondagirl

Do you by any chance deal with Carolyn at Bradfield Travel in Alliston? I think your'e really close to where i am by your name:)
                    No we are not dealing with this company .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users