Already married, but want a destination wedding...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 MiamiofOH

• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:58 AM

Hi everyone.

My husband and I were married on 7/7/7 in beautiful Rice Park in St. Paul, MN.

Flickr: Photos from MiamiOfOH

We wanted a destination wedding SO BAD but decided to have it in our home town. We only did it in St. Paul because my family refused to go anywhere out of state for our wedding- how absurd is that? Anyway- I still want a destination wedding and part of our honeymoon is at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica from 30 Dec 07 - 09 Jan 08. I have to have a wedding in Cabo San Lucas- I even bought another dress that he doesn't know about! :) I'm hoping to use this site to pull something off by then, but we'll see.

All I want is something simple and short since we won't have any family there and we're already married (along with the debt that incurs- of course- so I can't be too extravagant).

Take care,

#2 Jones4Me

• Banned
    • 381 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:11 AM

WELCOME to the forum!

#3 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:38 AM

to the forum Melissa! Thanks for sharing your pics, we are all picture crazy on this forum, lol.
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#4 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

Welcome! My husband and I were married just the 2 of us on the beach at Dreams Tulum in July. It was sooooo nice! Since it's just the two of you and you don't need a legal ceremony, you should be able to do something beautiful within your budget. Also since the basics are included, you basiclly just have to show up. Our resort changed some things around in the basic wedding package since it was just the two of us. Instead of appetizers for 20, we got a suf n turf luncheon on the beach in a private location. Good Luck with the planning!
          <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#5 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

many hotel renewal of vows packages are really inexpensive. The package usually includes all you would need. It shouldn't cost a lot if it's jus the two of you.

#6 Spazz

• VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:21 PM

to the forum!

#7 IrieBride08

• 716 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:00 PM

to the forum! Your plans sound exciting. Happy planning!

#8 -Kate-

• VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:31 PM

I love your idea...and I love more that you are an Ohio Miami girl!!!!!!!! Me too!!!!
                  So is Maura (mauraw).

Actually, we just got married last week and are a merger.

#9 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

welcome to another MN bride!

#10 bride08

• 15 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

If you want a ceremony then I would recommend vow renewal. Every resort has that vow renewal package. Or just the 2 of you dress up in your wedding attires for pictures:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users