Photo

Taking alcohol out of the country (to Mexico)?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:20 PM

Can you take alcohol down to Mexico?? We are staying in a non AI resort so we thought if we could we'd take a bottle of wine with us just to make sure we have something that is good and inexpensive to drink in the room on our first night there...

I know you can bring something like 2 liters back into the country but I've never thought about taking alcohol into Mexico...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

I know you can check in wine because we brought some back from Napa after our wedding. You can't take it on board with you though, it has to be checked.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:23 PM

I remember Edyta saying that she and Terry brought Champagne to Cabo with them to celebrate.

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:24 PM

K. I'm thinking if we put it in our luggage then we should be ok. But then again, it's red wine - what if it breaks? lol, that would be a story to tell...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
          K. I'm thinking if we put it in our luggage then we should be ok. But then again, it's red wine - what if it breaks? lol, that would be a story to tell...
          Put it in LOTS of plastic bags!

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

We brought a bottle of champagne back from a wedding in mexico that was right on the texas border. My grandma declaired it when we crossed the border & had to pay tax on it.

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Christine
              I know you can check in wine because we brought some back from Napa after our wedding. You can't take it on board with you though, it has to be checked.
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sarah
              I remember Edyta saying that she and Terry brought Champagne to Cabo with them to celebrate.
              Do we have to declare it? Hmmm, I hate customs - I always feel guilty! lol

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#8 edna

edna
              • Site Supporter
              • 1,360 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:38 PM

I know Jaime already left but you can bring 3 liters of alcohol or wine in your luggage to Mexico.. I would just advise to use bubble plastic and a bag just in case!!!

#9 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                • VIP Member
                • 931 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:00 PM

We brought 3 cases of wine with us to cabo with no major problems.

#10 coreyphil

coreyphil
                  • 497 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mora
                    I know Jaime already left but you can bring 3 liters of alcohol or wine in your luggage to Mexico.. I would just advise to use bubble plastic and a bag just in case!!!
                    Thanks Mora - we have a bottle of champagne we've been saving, and I've been thinking about bringing it with us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users