Photo

Fedexing payment to Mexico

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nylalany

nylalany
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

Maybe a stupid question, but for my wedding site, they are requesting the deposit via Fed Ex, but on the fed ex forms for international fed ex, they require Tax Id number and declaration of contents for customs - which seems weird (and scary) for a check! Is this normal or am I using the wrong form? Has anyone send a Fed Ex envelope with a check in it to Mexico?

#2 lambert13

lambert13
    • 901 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:15 PM

I would go to a Fed Ex shipping location to talk to someone in person to make sure you are doing it the right way. That would suck to have it get screwed up.

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:18 PM

it's illegal to courier currency across the border and sometimes they consider a check to be currency... can they accept the payment via a credit/debit card?

#4 nylalany

nylalany
      • 625 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:56 PM

Yeah the guy at Fed Ex gave me the form. Maybe I need to speak with someone else!

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:00 PM

yeah....i'd call your place and see if they'll accept a credit card/debit card over the phone... FedEx is also known to be not-so-reliable in Mexico...

plus you can do what i did and use your miles credit card!

#6 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:45 PM

Sometimes places have a TX or CA address where they get all their mail from. I think we sent our deposit to somewhere in Cali if I remember correctly. Any chance your site has that?

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

I just fedexed documents to japan. I had to print off 3 customs forms to put in the flap. I said $1 for the value. All the stuff we fedex doesn't really have a value, so the standard is to say $1. I wouldn't know what do do about a check though.

I'd first try to get a different payment method.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users