My bro might not come

p.s. my FI's best friend's wife is pregnant and due one month before our wedding in august. she told me she would come even if she had to drag her toddler and her newborn! haha. but then, she's originally from mexico, so she's not afraid to travel there with her kids...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings on this, cuz I am totally a brat and if I couldn't go I could see me giving Matt a hard time. I think I would eventually give in and do the right thing, but you just never know!

I don't think you are being a baby at all. Are there reasons other then the baby? Since the baby would be 4-5 months old by then (like others have said), I don't see why they both can't come and bring the baby! If the issue is money, perhaps you can offer to pay for half of the trip or something. I am paying for my sister and her 2 kids to come to Jamaica with us, cuz I just couldn't imagine not having them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlymcmullen View Post
I have mixed feelings on this, cuz I am totally a brat and if I couldn't go I could see me giving Matt a hard time. I think I would eventually give in and do the right thing, but you just never know!
Carly I'm glad someone else is a brat too. Sometimes I'm a pain in the ass then feel bad about it later. FI stands up to my bratty ways though. If I were to tell him not to go to his sister's wedding, he would argue forever with me then try to make peace. Once he tried to make peace, I'd feel bad and tell him to go. Ugh...how does he still love me? :)

Maybe the girlfriend is a brat that may come around.

Sorry you have to go through this!

I agree with anyone, you are definitley not being a baby.

Remember she is pregnant right now and probably freaked out. Her hormones more than likely got the best of her. Your brother should definitely go to your wedding.

I had the same situation with my sister, except that she was due right around my wedding, so I never would have expected her to travel. I was really sad not to have her with me, but I know she wouldn't have missed it if she could have been there. I think your brother needs to put his foot down, the baby is going to be older by then and if they both can't come, then he should at least go, you're his sister.

My bet is that she's insecure with him travelling without her.

okay as someone who is due in June, first I am curious how they just found this out? Or were they waiting till after the first trimester to tell everyone? I don't really get how you don't know your preggo by 3 months. Secondly, we are planning a 3 week trip when the baby is one month old, and no its not going to be easy and we will be staying with family.

I can see why she might not be able to go since she will probably use all her vacation time for her maternity leave, but I think she is probably scared that she won't be able to handle the baby without him, and she is jealous he might be able to go on a trip with out her.

I can totally see why you're upset. I don't understand why she won't let him go without her. Do you get along with her? Is it a high risk pregnancy? Is she the jelouse type that doesn't trust? Sorry so many questions I'm just trying to figure out where she's comming from.

Well at least you have some time. Maybe he will figure out he needs to be there for your special day. AT least I hope he figures it out. Good luck I wish you all the best.

I had a similar situation. They told everyone girlfriend was pg in November, we got engaged Christmas Day, planned the wedding for July 5 (I'm a teacher and needed a summer wedding!). Anyway, at one point, there was talk about my bro not going, and I felt the same way as you. They all ended up coming, and I am SO HAPPY that I had pix with my beautiful 2-month-old niece on my wedding day!

Now, my DH's brother didn't come (not for any baby reasons), and my hubby still hasn't talked to him yet! Although, I do need to say they're not as close as I am with my brother, but still, he should've been there.

Good luck with this!

Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym567 View Post
I had a similar situation. They told everyone girlfriend was pg in November, we got engaged Christmas Day, planned the wedding for July 5 (I'm a teacher and needed a summer wedding!). Anyway, at one point, there was talk about my bro not going, and I felt the same way as you. They all ended up coming, and I am SO HAPPY that I had pix with my beautiful 2-month-old niece on my wedding day!

Now, my DH's brother didn't come (not for any baby reasons), and my hubby still hasn't talked to him yet! Although, I do need to say they're not as close as I am with my brother, but still, he should've been there.

Good luck with this!
Amy
Thanks Amy. I'm glad to hear that your brother ended up coming. I'm hoping that what happens in my situation.