vendor tipping etiquette

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:44 PM

I ended up tipping Juan, only because he ended up sticking around for an extra 1/2 hour to take some pics of our toast. But I don't think it was expected, in fact Cain said when he gave it to him he was completely thrown off by it..

#62 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by raisinblur
      Are you suppose to tip your wedding photographer? If so, how much?

I'm also having engagement photos done and my photographer is charging a separate fee for this session. Do I need to give her a tip for this first? And then give her another tip after she does my wedding?

Thanks in advance!
      We did not tip our photographer.

I did however tip our videographers - marci & Enrique - because they stayed later than they had to to get the bouquet toss and Marci was so supportive the whole day before and night of.
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#63 robindepaula

• Banned
      • 514 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:10 PM

As a photographer myself, I never expect tips from my clients. I do like it when I receive a thank you for the hard work in the form of a card, testimonial, etc.

#64 foxytv

• VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:19 PM

Good post and good response. Good to know!!!

#65 RiuBride2b

• 298 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:10 AM

I think tipping is not necessary but depending how things work the day of our wedding, a tip may be worth it along with a thank you card!!!

#66 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:50 AM

no tipping..yes to the testimonials...

i tried to tip my videographer and he flat out refused...so i asked if i could at least tip his assistant and he agreed to that

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#67 raisinblur

• 94 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:33 AM

Definitely good to know, thanks! I like the idea of the thank you card and small gift.

#68 nancylou7

• 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:23 PM

Hello everyone
                Just wondering if people are going to be tipping the WC and waiter etc. or are they bringing gifts??

#69 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:31 PM

This topic has been discussed before... here are a few links

I personally tipped everyone, no gifts :)

#70 nancylou7

• 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for the links, I will go through them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users